[robotics-worldwide] [software] VPL: A View Planning Library for Automated 3D Reconstruction

ivasquez ivasquez at inaoep.mx
Tue May 9 10:52:32 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We present VPL, a view planning library for 3d object reconstruction or
inspection.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_irvingvasquez_vpl&d=DwICAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e-HZ9MR1AU-RsSCio_o_5SUQPvuo-_S8RNaXEgH0StQ&s=BATvbtPqZNbysWK27_AvZdZcxTIixvAsP6_rknCtaUc&e=

VPL(The acronym of view planning library) provides a framework to
develop view planning algorithms and perform comparisons quickly. VPL is
written in C++ and it is based on a set of well known libraries: octomap
and MRPT. VPL provides the data structures to represent the space,
provides visibility algorithms, implements several view planning
algorithms reported in the literature and provides flexibility to link
with range sensor simulators and motion planning algorithms. VPL was
developed under New BSD license.

A ROS compatible version is being prepared and it will be released soon.
It is our hope that our library will be useful to others and we invite
to researchers and developers to contribute their own
implementations.

Sincerely,
J. Irving Vasquez