[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 10 week internship in Bioinspired Aquatic Robotics at the University of Southampton
fg.serchi at gmail.com
Thu May 18 08:21:54 PDT 2017
Funded summer placements are available at the University of Southampton.
The NEXUSS CDT offers 10 week placements over the summer period (19 June –
15 Sept 2017) to work on the following project:
"Design of a Thrust Measuring Rig for Unmanned Underwater Vehicles"
-The candidate will be involved in the development and testing of a
purposedesigned rig for the measurement of thrust of aquatic bioinspired
vehicles. The student will be hosted in the FSI Group, in Boldrewood
Campus, and will have access to the Maritime Robotics Lab and to the
Multiphase Flow Lab, where some of the best facilities for hydrodynamics
experimentation of the University of Southampton are hosted.
Details of the project can be found at the following link:
In order to be eligible for this placement, applicants must be:
- studying for a degree in a quantitative discipline outside of NERC’s
scientific remit (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering,
- undertaking the placement in a different department to their
- in the middle of their first degree (or integrated Masters) studies
- expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree
- eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (UK, EU or right to remain in
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THE 2nd of June.
For further enquire contact: nexuss at soton.ac.uk
More information about the robotics-worldwide