[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Open Software Position at SeaDrone
ellenrk7 at stanford.edu
Thu May 18 16:08:57 PDT 2017
SeaDrone is looking for a senior software engineer to play a key role in
the maintaining existing code base and designing application software.
*Part Time / Full Time Controls ENGR & Software Developer*
SeaDrone is a new fast-paced start-up developing next generation subsea
robotic systems. We are currently focused on reducing subsea infrastructure
inspection costs using low cost robotic hardware and mobile software to
deliver a complete underwater visual inspection service. SeaDrone is
looking for a senior software engineer to play a key role in the
maintaining existing code base and designing application software.
He / She will work closely with other software engineers as part of a small
software distributed team as well as engineers from other groups to design,
implement, and test software solutions based on user requirements. We are
looking for a candidate who is flexible, self-motivated, curious and
passionate about revolutionizing the world of subsea robotics.
· Experienced C++ and Python, Embedded platforms, and development in
a Linux environment
· Experience with robots and controls systems in the real world.
· Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (camera,
sonar, IMU, etc.)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative development environment
· Can work on complex systems and are driven to simplify them for
the users and fellow developers.
· Excellent coding and testing habits. Our robots operate in the
often-unpredictable real world. You take pride in delivering
clearly-written and well-tested code in a timely fashion.
*PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES*
· Maintaining and extending the software and sensor capabilities of
SeaDrone’s robotic platform
- You are responsible for the software/firmware on the robot and the
mobile device software that communicates with it. You will touch on many
topics including image processing, control systems, embedded development,
robot localization, and even the manufacturing process. People come to you
for all issues pertaining to robot software and sensing.
*DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE*
· B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Related Field
· Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms no
required but a plus.
· Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume
· Basic knowledge of robot kinematics and control algorithms is
Please contact Eduardo Moreno (*emoreno at orobotix.com <emoreno at orobotix.com>*)
to inquire about the position.
Artificial Intelligence Lab
More information about the robotics-worldwide