[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Hamlyn Symposium's 3rd annual "Medical Microrobotics and Microfabrication" workshop (28th June 2017, London UK)
Power, Maura C
m.power13 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon May 22 05:03:22 PDT 2017
The 3rd annual Medical Microrobotics and Microfabrication workshop (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hamlyn.doc.ic.ac.uk_hsmr_micro-2Drobotics-2Dand-2Dmicro-2Dfabrication&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JSqysoqblY2mkvv0BpXE8ZVronAHsupzGRKmW171jCE&s=u2jaH1jfaKbSROc69qC3DX-jcKl47oICr5Ky_LWxYVM&e= ) will take place this year on the 28th of June 2017 in London, United Kingdom as part of the 10th Hamlyn Symposium on Medical Robotics. This year will also be the first year that the workshop has incorporated industry speakers into the event. The workshop aims to bring together researchers from around the world in the field of medical micro/nanorobotics to present and discuss the challenges that they tackle in their own research, whilst also facilitating important dialogue between academia and industry. The full-day workshop comprises of numerous talks from academia and industry, display stands from industry participants, a panel discussion and, finally, the presentation and judging of the medical microrobotics video competition entrants.
Registration for the workshop can be completed at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__hamlyn.doc.ic.ac.uk_hsmr_registration&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JSqysoqblY2mkvv0BpXE8ZVronAHsupzGRKmW171jCE&s=h5-qMcc_JbgWVldNyOg7I2wkIASLIuI9MZF21fKidXc&e= .
This year's workshop includes seven academic speakers:
* Koji Ikuta (University of Tokyo) - "3D micro/nano fabrication and theoretical analysis for advancing various microrobotics"
* Joseph Wang (UCSB) - "Micro-robots that Write, Image, Repair, Destroy, Deliver and Isolate"
* Bradley Nelson (ETH Zurich) - "Soft Microrobotics"
* Oliver Schmidt (IFW Dresden) - "Bubble-Propelled and Biohybrid Micromotors"
* Sylvain Martel (Polytechnique Montréal) - "Self-Replicating and Self-Assembled Natural Nanorobots for Cancer Therapy"
* Dong Sun (City University of Hong Kong) - "Cell-Based Bioengineering – The Role of Micro/Nanorobots"
* Stefano Palagi (Max Planck Institute) - "Propulsion of Microrobots in Complex Media"
and also four speakers from the microfabrication and micromanipulation industry:
* Martin Hermatschweiler (Nanoscribe) - “Nanofabrication – The Current State of the Art”
* Lars Allers (Korvus Technology) - “Picture Perfect – SEM for Microrobotics”
* Steve Cham (Kleindiek) - “Modular Deposition Systems”
* Paul Wood (Tescan) - “Micro-Nano Manipulation”
The workshop will also include the judging and announcement of the results of the 3rd annual Hamlyn Medical Microrobotics Video Competition. To participate in this competition (deadline 20th June 2017), please see the following website for full details: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_view_hamlynmedicalmicrorobotvidcomp_home&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=JSqysoqblY2mkvv0BpXE8ZVronAHsupzGRKmW171jCE&s=mUuhl3AGHiZD0Ea9XTu5v8LXA2PjbIotseG8wayv8Tg&e= .
If you have an questions or queries, please send them to m.power13 at imperial.ac.uk.
Workshop organizing committee
Maura Power (Imperial College London)
Gilgueng Hwang (CNRS)
Florent Seichepine (Imperial College London)
More information about the robotics-worldwide