[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] (ICRDRR) International Committee of Robots for Disaster Risk Reduction during ICRA2017

Kamilo Melo kamilo.melo at epfl.ch
Mon May 22 11:47:16 PDT 2017

Dear Roboticists, Rescuers and Policymakers.

For those whose interests lie in the implementation of robots for disaster response, and robotics for search and rescue activities, we are happy to share an invitation to participate in the meeting of the International Committee of Robotics for Disaster Risk Reduction (ICRDRR) during ICRA 2017 in Singapore, on the 1st of June, 2017.

The objective of this meeting is to invite contributions to the discussion about:

"How, through the ICRDRR we can suggest ideas to international policy makers like the United Nations, to include robotics as a fundamental technology in their agendas?"

In this edition of the meeting, we aim to discuss the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals framework (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.un.org_sustainabledevelopment_development-2Dagenda_&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=zVFgZjy-pdHAcvNpwd9upUNoD9QBiKQHlaGVV0iNpQk&s=viefO6CbFFf3yiVLs_v1ZZ2dY6a6vcNuW6Zx-wQHCHg&e= ), as a mechanism to raise awareness among international policy makers about the adoption of robotics and the support of its development for disaster risk reduction.

More details of the meeting can be found here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dras.org_about-2Dras_ras-2Dcalendar_event_1198-2Dicrdrr-2Dintl-2Dcommittee-2Dof-2Drobotics-2Dfor-2Ddisaster-2Drisk-2Dreduction-2Dmeeting&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=zVFgZjy-pdHAcvNpwd9upUNoD9QBiKQHlaGVV0iNpQk&s=LCNkk0DPhCRhqv100SGdM7HJ6Zg8RCfDfB4amd9JK7c&e=

The meeting will be held on 1 Jun, 2017, from 10:30-12:00. At Simpor (4810B) Level 4, Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore.

The ICRDRR is part of IEEE-RAS-SIGHT (Special Interest Group on Humanitarian Technology), it involves experts on the robotic disaster response like Prof. Satoshi Tadokoro (Tohoku University, current IEEE-RAS President), Prof. Robin Murphy (Texas A&M and director of TEES Center for Robot-Assisted Search and Rescue, CRASAR), among others.

We look forward to meeting you in Singapore.

Yours sincerely,

Kamilo Melo (ICRDRR Chair)

Raj Madhavan (IEEE-RAS-SIGHT)

Satoshi Tadokoro (President IEEE-RAS)