[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Intelligent Flying Machines hiring Computer Vision Software Engineers

Marc Gyongyosi mgy at ifm-tech.com
Mon May 22 12:48:25 PDT 2017

*Intelligent Flying Machines, Inc. (IFM)*

*Position Title: *Computer Vision Software Engineer

*Location*: Chicago, IL
*Start Date:* Immediate
*Compensation*: equity + $$$

We make humans as efficient as robots.

At the core, IFM is a Data Analytics Company using Machine Learning,
Computer Vision, and Robotics to automate indoor data capture. We develop
autonomous systems that know where they are and what they see using no
external infrastructure.

IFM works with customers across automotive manufacturing and logistics to
improve their operational efficiency through the deployment of these
systems. Our first product automates inventory checking in warehouses with
flying robots.

*JOB DESCRIPTION*In this position you will play a leading role in the
development and deployment of computer vision software on our robotic
systems. You will interface closely with our robotics and backend teams to
integrate vision software as we install our solution with customers.

*RESPONSIBILITIES*You will be primarily working on our GPU accelerated
spatial perception system to improve performance and reliability. We expect
you to write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test- driven
principles to develop high-quality applications. You will create test plans
and strategies that quantify your software’s performance both in simulation
and real-world use.

*REQUIREMENTS*As an ideal candidate you already have extensive experience
building production level Computer Vision software. Particularly, the
following skills will be useful:

++Real-time camera tracking techniques such as visual odometry or Visual
SLAM

++Sparse and dense mapping

++Structure from motion, optical flow, camera calibration, feature
detection/representation, multiple view geometry, image processing
techniques, etc.

++Fluent in C/C++ (both writing and debugging code), familiar with OpenCV,
PCL, ROS

++Knowledge of CUDA and OpenCL, is a plus

++Practical experience in software development, ability to write clean and
well-documented code

++Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a small team with fast
development cycles

++We expect you to be comfortable with spending extended periods of times
at automotive plants and in warehouses.

*EDUCATION*PhD or Masters Degree in Computer Science with a focus on
Computer Vision preferred but definitely not required.

What really counts is your ability to build kick-ass code that solves
real-world Computer Vision problems reliably and accurately.

If you think you have what it takes, please send an email with a few
sentences about yourself and a demo/video of a Computer Vision project that
you’ve worked on to jobs at ifm-tech.com