[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] 2018 IEEE Haptics Symposium - Paper Deadline Extended to Oct. 27
Khurshid, Rebecca Pierce
khurshid at bu.edu
Mon Oct 16 09:56:14 PDT 2017
F I N A L C A L L F O R P A P E R S
2018 IEEE Haptics Symposium
March 25-28 in San Francisco, USA
Important: the deadline for technical paper submissions has been extended to Friday, October 27th at 11:59 PST (Pacific Standard Time). No further extensions will be made.
The IEEE Haptics Symposium is a vibrant interdisciplinary forum where scientists, engineers, and designers come together to share advances, spark new collaborations, and envision a future that benefits from rich haptic feedback.
In 2018, this four-day conference will be held in the heart of downtown San Francisco and will showcase cross-cutting challenge presentations, technical papers, work-in-progress papers, and hands-on demonstrations: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__2018.hapticssymposium.org_submissioncategories&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6quH2B9iJUS19riM8len9hyiWE1b-ckqp-fPhkadl-U&s=EzC1o9WUixnSo6q6POfw-CLAtuyw-hV4_sRYvp2tFFM&e=
Technical Papers are due October 27, 2017 (extended)
- We solicit technical papers that report original, novel, unpublished work relevant to all the scientific, technological, and application aspects of haptics. All accepted technical papers at Haptics Symposium will be presented orally and published in IEEE Xplore. The top 10% of submissions will be referred to the IEEE Transactions on Haptics for expedited review of an evolved, journal-length version. Authors should aim for a technical paper length of 5 or 6 pages, and 1 or 2 extra pages may be added for a fee.
All papers should be prepared following the guidelines listed online. We encourage authors to create a video to complement their manuscript. Technical papers and optional videos should be submitted using our PCS submission website, which is now open! Full details are available at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__2018.hapticssymposium.org_technicalpapers&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6quH2B9iJUS19riM8len9hyiWE1b-ckqp-fPhkadl-U&s=rG_au0XzDI-p_E410Q7ysOR8aTm8sJ9RX0Y8of8T4ZY&e=
We also encourage submissions of work-in-progress papers (due January 26, 2018), hands-on demonstrations (due January 26, 2018), and exhibits (due February 11, 2018).
If you would like to receive further announcements relating to Haptics Symposium, please sign up for our mailing list by following the directions posted at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__2018.hapticssymposium.org_emaillist&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6quH2B9iJUS19riM8len9hyiWE1b-ckqp-fPhkadl-U&s=IR8b3n66-nRbgxkIobPHCIEOj6uQns6RZf3a3_p8bDo&e=
Haptic interface design and control, tactile displays, sensors and actuators, human-computer interaction, multi-modal systems, virtual and augmented reality, haptic rendering and modeling, embedded haptics, teleoperation, shared control and collaboration, robotic manipulation, physical human-robot interaction, human haptic perception, neuroscience of touch, haptics in industrial and commercial applications, and other innovative applications of haptics.
San Francisco is the cultural, commercial, and financial center of Northern California and the thirteenth most populous city in the United States. Home to many historic sites and famous attractions including the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, FishermanÂ’s Wharf and the Chinatown district, this metropolitan area is also part of Silicon Valley, where many well-known high-tech companies reside. San FranciscoÂ’s airport offers direct flights to a broad range of domestic and international locations, and the city has excellent public transportation. The conference venue is the Westin St. Francis, a beautiful and historic hotel on Union Square.
In addition to presenting an exhibit, vendors and corporations are encouraged to help sponsor the 2018 Haptics Symposium to support the haptics community and maintain visibility within it. For more information, please contact sponsorship at hapticssymposium.org
- General Chairs: Katherine J. Kuchenbecker and Gregory Gerling
- Program Chair: Yon Visell
- Publications Chair: Veronica Santos
- Cross-Cutting Challenges Chairs: Manuel Cruz and Gregory Gerling
- Work-in-Progress Chair: Vincent Levesque
- Demos and Exhibits Chairs: Fabrizio Sergi and Mounia Ziat
- Transactions on Haptics Posters Chair: Vincent Levesque
- Local Arrangements Chairs: Heather Culbertson, Sean Follmer, and Tania Morimoto
- Awards Chair: Seungmoon Choi
- Finance Chair: Kyle Reed
- Sponsorship Chairs: Nick Colonnese, Ann Majewicz, and Mike Yip
- Registration Chair: Jenna Gorlewicz
- Publicity Chair: Rebecca Khurshid
- Student Volunteers Chairs: Seokhee Jeon and Jeremy Brown
- Stanford Tour Coordinators: Allison Okamura and Margaret Coad
- Webmaster: Jaebong Lee
More information about the robotics-worldwide