[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty Positions in Robotics, Dynamics and Control at CU-Boulder

Christoffer Heckman christoffer.heckman at colorado.edu
Wed Oct 25 12:33:40 PDT 2017

The College of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for three tenure-track faculty positions beginning fall 2018. We are interested in candidates with demonstrated strong theoretical or applied research experience in robotics, dynamics and control. We are especially interested in the following areas: control and dynamical systems, autonomous systems, field robotics, advanced manufacturing, human-robot systems, cyber-physical systems, security and verification, multifunctional/robotic materials, and precision medicine.  Candidates must clearly indicate their areas of relevant research expertise in their cover letters.

Candidates are expected to complement and strengthen existing college research or develop new high-impact research directions.  Candidates are also expected to demonstrate an ability or record of excellence working with and contributing to a climate that attracts and supports students of all races, nationalities and genders. The College’s vision of successful candidates includes an earned doctorate in Engineering or a closely related science field, a significant commitment to scholarship, the potential to develop an externally funded research program, and ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering. Positions are available at all career levels.

By January 1, 2018, interested persons should apply through the web site https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cu.edu_cu-2Dcareers&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=nZMdetMb0_aOQw-_jknXvNANQCwkaLipb7gzW_ujQYs&s=ZFKKlmP1l5YOGHxF7HrA1UvAWlj0OLgNh63TjKr5BjM&e= (Requisition ID: 11154) and submit electronic files (pdf format) containing a cover letter, curriculum vita, two-page statements of research and teaching interests, respectively, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references.

Review of applications will begin as they are received, and will continue until the positions are filled.  Additional information regarding the College of Engineering search process as well as our research and academic programs can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.colorado.edu_engineering_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=nZMdetMb0_aOQw-_jknXvNANQCwkaLipb7gzW_ujQYs&s=kNghp9z-uUg7F0AOLzGtEcba9ib-dQs__rbSNeeOs-c&e=. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at: hr-ada at colorado.edu<mailto:hr-ada at colorado.edu>. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment.