[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Two PhD Positions in Robotics and CPS at the University of Virginia
Bezzo, Nicola (nb6be)
nb6be at virginia.edu
Sun Oct 29 16:05:57 PDT 2017
Two open PhD positions in robotics and CPS are available at the University of Virginia (UVA) Robotics Laboratory.
- autonomous mobile robot motion planning;
- coordination of heterogeneous robotic systems;
- safe and secure control of mobile robots;
- machine learning in robotics;
- adaptive control of autonomous aerial and ground vehicles.
- Master Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Strong knowledge in programming (ROS, C++ and/or Python).
- Solid background in robotics, control, sensing, mechatronics.
- Good skills in algebra, calculus, and probability and statistics.
- Solid background in numerical modeling and simulation in Matlab.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills, creativity, motivation, and communication skills both oral and written.
About the Lab:
The robotics laboratory at UVA was established in 2016 and is a 900 sqft facility with latest generation Vicon motion capture system and multiple state of the art aerial and ground autonomous vehicles equipped with i7 CPUs, lidars, cameras, GPS, IMUs, and more. The Lab is a vibrant place of work: students have the opportunity to work on multiple and diverse projects with hands-on experiments and get to collaborate with each other and other groups in and outside UVA. The Lab sees many visitors from Academia, Industries, National Labs, and various Government Organizations every week and is often featured in local and national news.
If interested, please send your resume, transcript, and inquiries to Prof. Nicola Bezzo nb6be at virginia.edu<mailto:nbezzo at virginia.edu>
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Systems and Information Engineering
University of Virginia
E-mail: nbezzo at virginia.edu<mailto:nbezzo at virginia.edu>
More information about the robotics-worldwide