[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Video Analytics Engineer / Scientist
Jia, Zhen Export License Required - US UTRC
JiaZ at utrc.utc.com
Mon Oct 30 21:44:44 PDT 2017
Video Analytics Engineer / Scientist
United Technologies Research Center (China) - Shanghai
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) is an internationally recognized corporate research organization of United Technologies Corporation (UTC) that conducts research and development across a range of technology areas to drive its mission of “growth through innovation”. UTRC partners with UTC business units and renowned external research organizations to impact organic growth of the Corporation through new product and process innovations. The operating units of UTC include: Pratt & Whitney (aircraft engines), Sikorsky (helicopters), Otis (elevators and escalators), UTC Climate Controls & Security (HVAC, building controls and security solutions), UTC Aerospace Systems (aerospace products), and UTC Power (environmentally advanced power solutions). Our headquarters is in East Hartford, USA with partnerships worldwide and a research and development center in Shanghai, China.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. was established in Shanghai in 1997 to provide a technology base for UTC business units via partnerships and collaborative R&D (universities and government institutes). Our engineers and scientists work on global projects in conjunction with other UTC business units and renowned research organizations to bring product and process innovation to enhance UTC products competitiveness in Asia and world-wide. We are a world-class research center advancing technologies that serve energy, environment, controls, security, and embedded systems.
United Technologies Research Center (China) Ltd. invites qualified individuals to apply for the following position in the Shanghai office. This position will compensate the chosen candidate at competitive local Shanghai market wage rate, and benefits will be administered based on local Shanghai benefit practices.
Senior Research Engineer / Scientist: Video Analytics
• Develop and implement novel signal processing and video analytics algorithms applied to security, HVAC or building related application, perform simulation analysis, performance characterization and experiments design and verification, interact with other engineering teams to ensure system-wide compatibility.
• Communicate with global teams to develop requirements and product specifications; Working closely with a global cross-disciplinary team of technologists to the conception and prototyping of new technology/products related to existing and emerging UTC applications.
• Collaborate with a diverse team both at UTC Research Center and UTC business units. Create new technical and project opportunities through technology leveraging, strategic partnering, and acquisition of external contracts
• Lead and participate in multidisciplinary projects, ensuring high quality deliverables and seamless integration with the UTRC team in the U.S.A., and University partners in China.
• Provide timely, accurate and detailed reports and presentations.
• Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of industrial or academic experience (post M.S.).
• Preferred: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of industrial or academic experience (post Ph.D.).
• Expert knowledge in at least three of the following fields: object detection and tracking, object recognition, activity and event recognition, multimedia database and content-based indexing and retrieval, machine learning, and pattern recognition (classification).
• Strong background in mathematics.
• Strong record of technical contributions with publications in refereed technical journals and major conferences in computer vision.
• Outstanding programming skills using Matlab, C/C++ or Java.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills; innovative strategic and technical thinker; high energy; team player.
• Demonstrated commitment to deliver results, adaptability and the ability to work in a teaming environment.
• Ability to execute technology research plans to successfully achieve desired technical outcomes within time and budget constraints.
• Some travel required.
• Fluent English (both written and spoken) and excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a multi-disciplinary group environment
• Solid technical writing, presentation, project management and communication skills.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR TO SUBMIT CREDENTIALS PLEASE CONTACT
jiaz at utrc.utc.com<mailto:jiaz at utrc.utc.com>
More information about the robotics-worldwide