[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Medical Robotics at QUT
a2.pandey at qut.edu.au
Sun Sep 10 04:43:30 PDT 2017
The Medical Robotics Group at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) is seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to develop robotic vision and deep learning algorithms for surgical robotics applications. Successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in medical robotics research including 3D reconstruction, multimodal sensory fusion, and medical image analysis. Women, Indigenous Australians and Torres Straight Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
The main objective of this project is to implement smart algorithms to fuse real time camera vision in 3D (from miniature monocular or stereo camera prototypes) with 3D ultrasound images. Furthermore, the Postdoctoral Research Fellow will explore how deep learning can be implemented to solve localisation and tracking of soft tissue and surgical tools in orthopaedic surgery settings. The research will involve developing algorithms for real time 3D reconstruction, obstacle avoidance, soft tissue detection and segmentation, deep learning for auto-labelling of different tissue types (applied to both vision and ultrasound images), multi-modal sensor calibration, registration and real-time tracking with pre-operative CT scans.
*Required Qualifications and Selection Criteria*
1. Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related fields with knowledge and experience in computer vision, medical image analysis, machine learning or computer vision algorithm development and implementation; with a minimum 2 yearsÂ’ of relevant work experience;
2. Demonstrated ability to design, prototype and test robotic vision technologies in an applied setting with extensive experience of one or more of the following:
1. Geometric computer-vision such as SLAM, optical-flow and stereo.
2. Sensor fusion of RGB and depth
3. Machine learning applied to images or video data;
3. Demonstrated written and oral communication skills which will enable the appointee to prepare materials for scholarly and other publications, presentations and funding applications;
4. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within interdisciplinary research teams, as well as proven ability to use initiative, and to work independently with minimal supervision to deliver outcomes;
5. Strong publication record in major journals/ conferences such as MICCAI, IPMI, ICCV, CVPR, ECCV, PAMI, IJCV, MedIA, TMI, etc.; and
6. Excellent programming skills in C/C++, Python or Matlab, ROS.
*To apply*, contact Dr Ajay Pandey (a2.pandey at qut.edu.au<mailto:a2.pandey at qut.edu.au> ) with a single PDF
- Cover Letter describing background, experience, and motivation addressing the selection criteria, and
- CV including 3 references
Closing date for applications: *1st October 2017*
Dr Ajay K. Pandey
Vice Chancellor's Senior Research Fellow (Robotics and Autonomous Systems)
School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Queensland University of Technology
Gardens Point, S Block, Room S1130-42
2 George Street, Brisbane, QLD 4001, Australia
Phone: + 61 7 3138 4227
E-mail: a2.pandey at qut.edu.au<mailto:a2.pandey at qut.edu.au>
More information about the robotics-worldwide