[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral scholar position at AIST, Japan, in model-based methods for safety
geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp
Thu Sep 14 17:15:25 PDT 2017
The Robot Innovation Research Centre at Japan's National Institute of Advanced
Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher
for work in the field of safe and reliable robot development.
The role requires working as part of the NEDO project for technology
development for practical robot markets, in the area of applying model-based
techniques to the development of safe and reliable robots. Responsibilities
include the research and development of tools for model-based development of
robots and tools for development of robots that use model-based technology
internally, software development of the tools, construction of system models,
and performing user studies.
About the position
- Full time position (5 days per week, 7 hours and 45 minutes per day; flextime
- The position is offered starting immediately until the 30th of March, 2018.
Extensions are conditionally possible on a yearly basis up to a maximum of
five years (30 day notice given).
- The salary is 2,200 yen to 2,500 yen per hour, based on qualifications and
- A paid leave system, commuting allowance system, and full social insurance
- Japanese language ability is NOT required.
- A researcher visa will be required for applicants without Japaanese
citizenship or permanent residence. Assistance with obtaining a visa will be
- PhD in computer science, robotics or a related field, obtained within the
last 7 years.
- Less than five years' employment experience in this field.
- Publication record in fields relevant to the research goals, including safe
robot system development, model-based system engineering, robot development
- Experience with software development.
- Experience with model-based techniques and model construction. Experience
with SysML is preferred.
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work independently and set your own goals within the context of a
- Closing date: 29 September, 2017 (extension possible)
- Selection is based on submitted documents and a possible interview
- Send a cover letter describing your motivation for applying (include the call
number "29-rirc_0006"), detailed resume including past work, an astract of
your past research (1 A4 page), the contact details of one or more
references, and samples of your publications to the below address or email to
rsp-inquiry-ml at aist.go.jp with the subject line "Postdoctor call
Software Platform Research Team, Robot Innovation Research Centre,
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology,
Central 2, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568,
AIST provides extensive support to foreign researchers. See the following web
site for more information.
See below for the official call.
More information about the robotics-worldwide