[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] CMU Robotics Institute Faculty Positions

Chris Atkeson cga at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 18 09:12:37 PDT 2017

We are hiring at all levels and areas. We have more open positions than
ever before! Please apply if you are on the market (or thinking about it).
Feel free to contact cga at cmu.edu (Chris Atkeson, hiring chair) with any
questions or to express interest.

The ad:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ri.cmu.edu_about_hiring-2Dfaculty-2Dpositions_&d=DwIBAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7j9AJ-WMKPW8aRvbQVizv5yqlEYadg51j59JQDF0FOA&s=R_jmW1Pnnxz2QMh7L7MyQWzLoQU8tctFZtepsII_GVM&e=

To apply:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_45159&d=DwIBAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=7j9AJ-WMKPW8aRvbQVizv5yqlEYadg51j59JQDF0FOA&s=sz3ms-yFNzx2HFUy10v8Sab6zvOUXBlydhtG7Afdge0&e=

The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University invites applications
from outstanding faculty candidates at all levels. We are looking to hire
for multiple positions in all areas of robotics including:

* AI for Robotics (see ai.cs.cmu.edu)
* Perception (including computer vision, audition, and tactile sensing)
* Perceptual and Robot learning
* Control
* Novel Mechanisms, Materials and Actuators (including soft systems)
* Computer Graphics

We are also interested in growing fundamental scientific programs that
support novel robotics application areas including:

* Manufacturing (see www.arminstitute.org)
* Medical and quality of life robotics
* Ubiquitous and entertainment robotics
* Agricultural robotics
* Environmental robotics such as climate change remediation and
geoengineering/terraforming

We emphasize that we are interested in all areas of robotics, including
computer science, mechanical, and electrical engineering approaches.