[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Graduate robotics engineer opportunities available -- UK

Tracey Mealing tracey.mealing at innotecuk.com
Tue Sep 19 02:14:38 PDT 2017

Permanent Graduate Engineering Opportunities - Robotics
Freedom to work within EU/UK required.

InnoTecUK are active in a number of UK and EU funded R&D projects and provide technology consultancy services for industrial clientele. We are also developing our own robot products in niche and emerging robot markets. We are active in many projects; examples include:

  1.  Climbing robots for non-destructive testing in hazardous environments such as wind turbines and inspecting oil tank
  2.  Underwater inspection of risers in off shore oil and gas installations
  3.  Assistive wearable exoskeletons for supporting daily living activities of the elderly
  4.  Condition monitoring of aerospace and rail structures and systems, etc.

Our working environment is fast-paced involving 30 dynamic personnel of multiple nationalities with a united enthusiasm to develop state-of-the-art robots and robotic systems. We are located amongst beautiful English countryside with the added bonus of being minutes away from Cambridge City, renowned for academia and innovation.

We are seeking several newly graduated persons to start employment as Graduate Engineers as soon as possible. The skills and experience criteria as per job specification described.  All the candidates should be qualified with a 1st class degree or a 2:1 degree in a relevant engineering discipline.

  *   Mechanical Engineer
The candidate should have a passion to learn and develop new skills working for the design of advanced robotic platforms. It is desirable to have the following skills:

     *   Knowledge in 3D CAD design software like Solidworks
     *   Basic knowledge of materials properties and usage
     *   Perform stress and fatigue analysis
     *   Robotic related final thesis

  *   Software Engineer
The candidate should have a passion to learn and develop new skills developing software for advanced robotic platforms. It is desirable to have the following skills:

     *   Knowledge of C and C++ (ideally C++11 or newer)
     *   Exposure in managing and building complex software projects using Cmake
     *   Programming in Linux

  *   Control Engineer
The candidate should have a passion to learn and develop new skills designing the control for advanced robotic platforms. It is desirable to have the following skills:

     *   Knowledge of linear and non-linear control theory
     *   Develop and tune PID controllers
     *   System identification
     *   Modelling and simulation

  *   Electronic Engineer
The candidate should have a passion to learn and develop new skills designing the electronics boards for advanced robotic platforms. It is desirable to have the following skills:

     *   A strong understanding of electronic circuit design and PCBs
     *   Exposure to analogue and digital design
     *   Design power supply for electronics
     *   Design and customise amplifiers