[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics_Scientist, Soft Robotist, CFD Engineer position announcement

Eunjeong Lee elee at croasaen.com
Mon Sep 18 14:22:53 PDT 2017

*Robotics Scientist with CFD and/or CFD engineer: CROASAEN*

Harvard robotics startup CROASAEN (Create Robots and Save Energy) is
looking for research scientists with strong competency on Computational
Fluid Dynamic simulations inside gas, oil, or multi-phase pipelines.

We are developing a bi-directional internal pipeline repair/inspection
robot for oil/gas industry. Our motivation to develop an internal pipeline
repair robot stems from the needs to mitigate methane emission from
pipelines for climate change, and the desire to ensure pipeline safety to
protect life and infrastructures from accidents. Our world-class team aims
to commercialize our robot by 2019. Our operation involves global
manufacturers and super oil major companies in the US, France, Netherlands,
Germany, Korea, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, China, etc. We are
located in Cambridge, MA, the center of creativity, innovation, and
entrepreneurship. We contribute more than ten percent of our equity to
educational outreach for the Middle Eastern refugees in Europe. We offer a
generous compensation and stock option.

If you are a highly talented CFD scientist, please join us to design and
analyze the robot operation inside live oil and gas pipelines.

*Job Responsibilities*

-          Perform CFD analysis on the robotic system in gas, oil, or
multi-phase pipeline flows

-          Help design robot components based on the CFD analysis

-          Work with robotics and control engineers to iteratively predict
performance and improve designs through detailed CFD simulations and
experiments

-          Work with testing engineers to cross validate test results and
CFD simulation results

-          Create simulation reports and provide design recommendations

-          Publish in prestigious journals and conferences

-          Write proposals

*Qualifications and Desired Skills *

-          MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering,
Ocean Engineering, or related field

-          2+ years of industry/academic experience in CFD

-          Strong CFD capability is a must (ANSYS, OpenFOAM, or both)

-          CFD experiences with rotating turbo-machinery strongly desired

-          Strong CFD experience for robotic propulsion or robotic fish is
desirable

-          Creativity, imagination and innovation

-          Strive to perform at the highest level and challenge the
impossible

-          Experience in soft robotics or robotic fish is a plus

-          Familiarity with 3D CAD modeling (preferably SolidWorks) is a
plus

-          Consideration for others to work as a team and self-motivation

-          Ability to work with a fast-paced development schedule for
commercialization

-          Strong verbal and written communication skills

Application: send CV and cover letter to Eunjeong Lee, elee at croasaen.com

​

Eunjeong Lee, Ph.D.
CEO