[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post-doc positions at ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communication Labs.
kanda at atr.jp
Mon Sep 18 23:33:45 PDT 2017
The ATR Intelligent Robotics and Communications Laboratories is recruiting
outstanding young (post-doctoral) researchers. Our laboratory has strong
focus on human-robot social interaction in various human-populated
environments, e.g. shopping mall. We have been recently awarded a 5.5-year
research funding (Oct. 2017 - Mar. 2023) about human-robot interaction and
human-robot moral relationships, and seek for people who can contribute to
this new project.
We are seeking applications from young researchers with special interest in
human-robot interaction and human-robot moral relationships. Candidates with
specific expertise in the following domains are particularly welcome this
- Human behavior recognition using range-finder and/or depth cameras
- Auditory (sound) signal processing for human emotional voice
- Machine learning, such as DNN (deep neural network), for visual and/or
- Human behavior modeling for social robots
- Robotics relevant to social robots
- Empirical (experimental) studies on human-robot social interaction
- Observatory/qualitative HRI (human-robot interaction) studies in a wild
- Psychology and cognitive science relevant to human robot moral
- Ethical, legal, and societal issues to be considered for daily human-robot
Our laboratory conducts a couple of social robotics research projects, and
within these projects, researchers in our team will have some flexibility in
terms of their own research focus.
The employment contract is made for each Japanese fiscal year (starting on
April and finishing on March of next year); however, the starting period is
flexible (after December 2017). Extensions will be expected based on the
The wage will be decided based on experience and expertise.
Please feel free to ask us (kanda at atr.jp and hagita at atr.jp) about details.
To apply, please send us email including your CV and a statement about your
interest and motivation!
Dr. Hagita will participate in IROS 2017, so please feel free to contact us
for meeting and talking about more details during IROS 2017.
Dr. Takayuki Kanda, and Dr. Norihiro Hagita,
ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
Dr. Takayuki Kanda,
Senior research scientist / Group leader of human-robot interaction research
E-mail: kanda at atr.jp <mailto:kanda at atr.jp>
Tel: +81 774 95 1424 Fax: +81 774 95 1408
Dr. Norihiro Hagita
Director of ATR Intelligent Robotics & Communication Labs.
E-mail: hagita at atr.jp <mailto:hagita at atr.jp>
More information about the robotics-worldwide