[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral positions in Robotics, AI, Networks - Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
Gianni Di Caro
gdicaro at cmu.edu
Mon Apr 2 05:16:53 PDT 2018
Three Postdoctoral positions in the domains of Robotics, AI, Computer networks, Distributed systems, Theory
The Department of Computer Science of Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar invites applications for three postdoctoral positions (position CMUQ-CS15-002). These positions are designed for candidates who are interested in enhancing their teaching portfolio, along with their research portfolio, to be better prepared for future academic positions.
The positions expect candidates to relocate to Carnegie Mellon's campus in Doha with a start no later than August 1, 2018.
Responsibilities include supporting two to three advanced undergraduate courses per year, holding recitations/office hours, working closely with students, and supporting our general educational missions. In addition to this load, successful candidates are expected to conduct research in collaboration with any CMU-Q computer science faculty of their choice.
We are particularly interested in candidates in the following areas: Robotics and AI, Distributed systems, Computer networks, and Theory. Outstanding candidates in other areas are also encouraged to apply. CMU Qatar's benefits package is highly attractive, with salaries comparable to those in the US, but free of tax. Relocation, housing, transportation, and health benefits are also covered.
* Have completed, by the time of being hired, his/her PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields.
* A proven track record of productive research and excellent academic credentials.
* Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Be able to work independently, as well as in a team.
The application should be submitted online at the following link :https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_48500&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=0rtwowlyETzK1GrWiAwEiuXiBftqS0Rc6TnRgrgaCw0&s=U8PtgqKfg9jgc8TCyzvr1ExqigHc6Gjc7ND-nElaNjg&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_48500-250b-250b&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=0rtwowlyETzK1GrWiAwEiuXiBftqS0Rc6TnRgrgaCw0&s=C9wibJf914OkOgN4e1_toL_iyCv5CpSuHLdW-LbtR-o&e=>- The hiring committee initially expects a Cover letter, CV, Teaching Statement, Research Statement, and video presentation.
- The video can be a 2 minute presentation from the candidate regarding his/her motivation and goals behind applying for this position; or it can be a video of the candidate giving a research talk or lecture.
- Three reference letters are expected. Your application will be fully processed when the letters are received, so please make sure you contact your referees to promptly provide these letters.
- The final stage will include an online interview with candidates that have reached this stage, and will be accompanied with offline coding or problem solving challenges.
Deadline for submission: April 15, 2018
More information about the robotics-worldwide