[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Subsea Robotics Engineer

Matthew Kowalczyk matthew.kowalczyk at oceanfloorgeophysics.com
Tue Apr 10 03:20:07 PDT 2018

Ocean Floor Geophysics (OFG) Inc. is looking for a Subsea Robotics
Engineer to join our team.

COMPANY
OFG owns and operates deep-water Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs)
for seafloor minerals exploration, geohazard surveys, site surveys, and
pipeline inspection. We are a marine geophysics service company
operating at the cutting edge of deep water marine robotics.

JOB TITLE
Subsea Robotics Engineer

LOCATION
Burnaby, BC, Canada

RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful applicant will work as part of the OFFSHORE AUV
operations team
- Time onshore will be primarily devoted to the design, test and
integration of both OFG designed and third party subsea instruments and
systems in support of the geophysicists.

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Engineering or higher with concentration in:
Robotics,
Electrical Engineering,
Mechatronics,
Control systems,
Computer science,
or equivalent.

SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
5 years or more of experience in all or some of the following:
- Offshore operations
- Marine robotic and unmanned vehicles (AUVs, Gliders, USVs, ROVs)
- Other robotic and unmanned vehicles
- Board layout and embedded software
- Prepared to travel internationally and domestically
Consideration for less than five years of industry experience will be
given for engineers holding advanced degrees with significant project
experience.

OTHER SKILLS OF INTEREST
- Sensor design
- Acoustic positioning
- Inertial Navigation Systems
- Surveying
- GIS
- Hydrography
- Oceanography
- Geophysics
- Geology

HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that you have the right profile for this position and it
might be an interesting challenge in your career, we are looking forward
to receiving your full application, including your resume and a cover
letter highlighting relevant experience and salary expectations with
“SUBSEA ROBOTICS ENGINEER - March 2018” in the subject line to
careers at oceanfloorgeophysics.com   . Only those under consideration for
the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.

--
Matthew Kowalczyk, Eng.
CEO

Direct (mobile): +1 778 862 9480
Office: +1 778 654 7781 ext 101
Fax: +1 778 654 7779

Address:
B108 - 9000 Bill Fox Way
Burnaby, BC
Canada V5J 5J3

Web: www.oceanfloorgeophysics.com
Disclaimer & Disclosure: This email, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use by the addressee and contains confidential and/or personal information.  If you have received this email by mistake, confidentiality and any legal privilege are not waived or lost and we ask that you contact the author and arrange to permanently delete and destroy this and any other copies, be they electronic and/or physical.