[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for contributions - CAV-FLoC 2018 workshop on "Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens"

Morteza Lahijanian morteza.lahijanian at cs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 16 02:52:14 PDT 2018

Call for Contributions

*Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens*
CAV-FLoC 2018 workshop - Oxford, UK

Workshop website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__qav.comlab.ox.ac.uk_robots-5Fmorality-5Ftrust_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YmSgG21qo2npVPhy-O7t3I1XKbwYn43bvXYgsb-_TEA&s=6bSiEExsAkFW-1yDg-itn-N1FW07Z7xPWA70LuEKA_I&e=
Submission deadline: May 1, 2018

We invite researchers and students to participate and submit to the
workshop of "Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens,"
affiliated with Computer Aided Verification 2018 (CAV 2018) conference and
Federated Logic Conference 2018 (FLoC 2018).  Our goal in this workshop is
to shed light on the little-understood notions of morality, ethics, and
trust in autonomous systems from various perspectives through invited
talks, contributed posters, and panel discussions. The invited speakers are
leading researchers, whose works focus on the intersection of the field of
technology with philosophy, sociology, psychology, cognitive reasoning,
logic, and computation.

We invite submissions of poster abstracts on any topic within the theme of
the workshop: Autonomy, Morality, and Trust. We accept published and
ongoing work. The authors of the accepted abstracts will present their
posters at the workshop. In addition, the pdf file of the posters along
with their abstracts will be made available for general public on the
workshop website. We note that some of the abstracts and posters may be
invited to be extended into an article for publication in a special issue
of a journal.

Title: Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens
Location: University of Oxford, Oxford, UK