[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for contributions - CAV-FLoC 2018 workshop on "Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens"

Morteza Lahijanian morteza.lahijanian at cs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 08:19:23 PDT 2018

Call for Contributions

*Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens*
CAV-FLoC 2018 workshop - Oxford, UK

Workshop website:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__qav.comlab.ox.ac.uk_robots-5Fmorality-5Ftrust_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=4jIn8aes2qPgi1PYRZaFdjejRCuGhpyd95u4CozOevQ&s=GYvjs8bNgSgcpdBALITCzvuCJ0jICkJXZdnlXjpL6Xw&e=
Submission deadline: May 1, 2018

We invite researchers and students to participate and submit to the
workshop of "Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification
Lens," affiliated with Computer Aided Verification 2018 (CAV 2018)
conference and Federated Logic Conference 2018 (FLoC 2018).  Our goal
in this workshop is to shed light on the little-understood notions of
morality, ethics, and trust in autonomous systems from various
perspectives through invited talks, contributed posters, and panel
discussions. The invited speakers are leading researchers, whose works
focus on the intersection of the field of technology with philosophy,
sociology, psychology, cognitive reasoning, logic, and computation.

We invite submissions of poster abstracts on any topic within the
theme of the workshop: Autonomy, Morality, and Trust. We accept
published and ongoing work. The authors of the accepted abstracts will
present their posters at the workshop. In addition, the pdf file of
the posters along with their abstracts will be made available for
general public on the workshop website. We note that some of the
abstracts and posters may be invited to be extended into an article
for publication in a special issue of a journal.

Title: Robots, Morality, and Trust through the Verification Lens
Location: University of Oxford, Oxford, UK