[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Last Call for Submissions: 2018 International Symposium on Experimental Robotics (ISER 2018)

Xiao, Jing jxiao2 at wpi.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:00:10 PDT 2018

The deadline of submission is fast approaching...

2018 International Symposium on Experimental Robotics

Buenos Aires, Argentina, Nov 5-8, 2018

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__iser2018.org&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=TEixJFQHTbtlfmzxSwivwWTcAjh-VfQO8mRLbb1ei3I&s=Vue3s6U2F-xUjO6-mNde1KHNIfiJa6kqLsgM7JDsd70&e=<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__iser2018.org_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=TEixJFQHTbtlfmzxSwivwWTcAjh-VfQO8mRLbb1ei3I&s=t4tfthEC5lbklzwcA6SNUyQTtqc1wCybiJgD1A1Anqs&e=>

Important Dates

May 1, Deadline for submitting extended abstracts
June 22, Notification of decision
Aug. 20, Deadline for final paper submission
Nov. 5-8, ISER 2018

Scope

The goal of ISER symposia is to provide a forum for research in robotics that focuses on experimental validation of novel theoretical contributions. Each ISER symposium will bring together, in a small group setting, researchers in the forefront of experimental robotics research from around the world. ISER 2018 will present the latest advances across various fields of robotics, with ideas that are not only conceived conceptually but also tested  experimentally. It is a program with a single track for presentations. The number of papers presented is small in order to maximize discussions of the presented work and interactions among participants.

Publication

Accepted papers will be published in the Springer Proceedings in Advanced Robotics (SPAR).

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.springer.com_series_15556&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=TEixJFQHTbtlfmzxSwivwWTcAjh-VfQO8mRLbb1ei3I&s=d_WhRecTsYnehny7Kdl03piM4dCmZnmZLRDr3theRKw&e=

Abstract Format

We invite submissions of six-page extended abstract (PDF format) following the outline below. Please use the format of the Springer Proceedings in Advanced Robotics (SPAR). Templates for MS Word and LaTeX are provided on the conference website.

- Motivation, Problem Statement, Related Work (one page)
- Technical Approach (one page)
- Results (one page)
- Experiments completed or scheduled (one page)
- Main Experimental Insights (one page)
- References (one page)

Conference Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

With the San Martin Palace and historic Buenos Aires sites like the Kirchner Cultural Centre (CCK), the Municipal Palace of the City, the House of Culture, and the beautiful Avenida Alicia Moreau de Justo in walking distance, ISER 2018 will be held at the top floor of the Sheraton Buenos Aires - offering astounding views of the city and sea.

Organizing Committee

Jing Xiao, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
Torsten Kroeger, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
Oussama Khatib, Stanford University, USA

Website