[robotics-worldwide] [software] Code Release: RPG Quadrotor Control Framework

Davide Scaramuzza scaramuzza.davide at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:08:58 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to release our full quadrotor control framework as
open-source software based on the Robot Operating System (ROS). This
control framework has been used for the past 6 years in our lab (RPG)
and in over 500 public live demonstrations. This code has also served as
the basis for over 50 scientific publications from our lab.

This framework allows you to easily control quadrotors accurately even
during very agile maneuvers by compensating for rotor drag effects. It
allows you to interface with state-of-the art FPV racing hardware to
build and control very powerful and agile quadrotors as we did in our
most recent work (check out the publications below and the project
webpage). This work will also be presented at this year's IEEE
International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA18), in Brisbane.

Please find further information on our project webpage, including link
to the code, papers, and video demonstrations:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rpg.ifi.uzh.ch_rpg-5Fquadrotor-5Fcontrol.html&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pADWIjPNxouOBWWNEXV91HVs0Yl4H6ED5Wj5WP7q180&s=Y5hQrQSCV5QMRHjytecAombzYEAMdfjDmAMcHyhbnAU&e=
The code is released under an MIT License. Installation instructions and
details are described in the related Wiki.

The framework implements control methods for accurate agile quadrotor
flight by compensating for rotor drag effects as presented in our papers:

M. Faessler, A. Franchi, and D. Scaramuzza, “Differential flatness of
quadrotor dynamics subject to rotor drag for accurate tracking of
high-speed trajectories,” IEEE Robot. Autom. Lett., vol. 3, no. 2, pp.
620–626, Apr. 2018.
M. Faessler, D. Falanga, and D. Scaramuzza, “Thrust mixing, saturation,
and body-rate control for accurate aggressive quadrotor flight,” IEEE
Robot. Autom. Lett., vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 476–482, Apr. 2017.

Best regards,

The authors: Matthias Faessler and Davide Scaramuzza

--

Prof. Dr. Davide Scaramuzza
Director of the Robotics and Perception Group:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rpg.ifi.uzh.ch_people-5Fscaramuzza.html&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pADWIjPNxouOBWWNEXV91HVs0Yl4H6ED5Wj5WP7q180&s=qRoVRjxtSkB7uOKcPHXoDX6uBgCjPhSfXjdhCf08mKk&e=
Inst. of Informatics, University of Zurich,
Inst. of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich
Andreasstrasse 15, AND 2.10, Zurich, Switzerland
Office: +41 44 635 24 09
YouTube Channel: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_ailabRPG_videos&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=pADWIjPNxouOBWWNEXV91HVs0Yl4H6ED5Wj5WP7q180&s=Oem0FyLsoO52jsXXkAiUWOo3kmdKH2RVzZxvIHglCnY&e=