[robotics-worldwide] [jobs][Dyson Robotics Lab at Imperial College London: Research Fellow and Research Engineer Positions Available

Andrew Davison a.davison at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 02:37:29 PDT 2018

We have two open positions at the Dyson Robotics Lab at Imperial College
London, led by Andrew Davison and Stefan Leutenegger and focusing on
breakthrough 3D vision, learning-based semantic SLAM and vision-guided
manipulation. We are an academic lab which works on long-term
publishable research while also collaborating with Dyson on novel
applications in home robotics.

The first is a Dyson Fellow position (current and recent holders of
these positions include Ed Johns, Michael Bloesch, Ronnie Clark, Ankur
Handa, Tom Whelan and Akis Tsiotsios), where we are looking for a
leading post-doctoral researcher in any of our areas of interest to take
responsibility for part of our core research mission.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jobs.ac.uk_job_BJI330_dyson-2Dresearch-2Dfellow&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=CnqgSok9NItynZ8X-xTsf0S5mlr5WBT8_1vWIwpIq5Q&s=jOcbOAzyg9aNySw7S211anIPi4lLP2P1WHTpcGN66iM&e=

The second is a Research Engineer position, where we need someone with
exceptional engineering skills in applied robotics and computer vision
who will plan a key role in adding structure to our research efforts and
in transferring developments to Dyson's in-house robotics team.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jobs.ac.uk_job_BJH985_research-2Dengineer&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=CnqgSok9NItynZ8X-xTsf0S5mlr5WBT8_1vWIwpIq5Q&s=rdWkr-xk3AT9WiGj5u7ReTGO6St86fioYyheWJ2_dGg&e=

Please feel free to get in touch with any informal questions, or follow
the links to the adverts for official details on how to apply.

Prof. Andrew Davison FREng
Professor of Robot Vision
Director of the Dyson Robotics Laboratory at Imperial College

Department of Computing
Imperial College London
180 Queen's Gate
SW7 2AZ, UK

Office: Room 303, William Penney Laboratory
+44-20-75948316

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.doc.ic.ac.uk_-7Eajd_&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=CnqgSok9NItynZ8X-xTsf0S5mlr5WBT8_1vWIwpIq5Q&s=N8DRJ-84HfYHJpXnWScpVCD5hu-MMBSnVEyMg2GK08M&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.google.com_-2BAndrewDavison_&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=CnqgSok9NItynZ8X-xTsf0S5mlr5WBT8_1vWIwpIq5Q&s=sDRGWcAqmYZ-0JTEwSWLTHUeqUHuJzmj1E78D8j2V7o&e=
ajd at doc.ic.ac.uk