[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Software Engineer (C++) - Dorabot Inc.
shi.chen at dorabot.com
Sun Aug 19 23:31:01 PDT 2018
Dorabot is looking for Software Engineers (C++) who are ready to roll up
their sleeves and start building the future! Read on to learn more, and view
all our available positions at dorabot.com/careers.
Dorabot develops AI-powered robotic solutions for market-leading logistics
and e-commerce companies. Backed by some of China's most prominent tech
magnates, we're a tight-knit team of visionaries that live and breathe
robotics. Unique among early-stage Chinese startups, Dorabot employs
engineers and business professionals from over 10 different countries, and
we're united by our boundless drive to create, learn, share, and grow.
Our systems pick, place, and transport items of various shapes and sizes
using cutting-edge deep learning, motion planning, grasp planning,
navigation, and SLAM technologies. We research robotic manipulation,
mobility, and vision with the ultimate goal of building robots that can do
anything from housework to complex industrial tasks.
1. Implement robotics algorithms.
2. Integrate libraries and other software with robotic systems.
3. Ensure software-related functions are stable and reliable.
1. Experience working in Linux development environments.
2. Strong software engineering skills and capable of adhering to particular
3. Experienced working with Git.
4. Very skilled with C++ and knowledge of new standards such as C++11 and
C++14. Should be familiar with the following functions:
- Pointer and smart pointer
- Memory alignment and memory management
- STL, Boost
- C++ templates
- Linux management tools; able to write some simple shell scripts
- Toolchain and development environment setup; able to write and modify
5. Familiar with some dynamic programming languages like Python
- Familiar with robotics
- Familiar with robotics software frameworks and libraries such as ROS,
Moveit, Gazebo, OpenRave, KDL, PCL, OpenCV, etc.
- Familiar with template meta-programming and generic programming
- Familiar with functional programming
- Familiar with some machine-learning methods
- Familiar with compilation pipelines
- Skilled with compiler options
- Skilled with Emacs, Vi, or vim
- Familiar with GDB and debug tools
- Familiar with a dynamic programming language such as Python, Lua, Scheme,
- Familiar with network programming, multithreaded programming, or parallel
programming such as CUDA, MPI, OpenMP, etc.
- Familiar with OpenCL
- Familiar with CPU instruction set optimization (SIMD, AVX)
- Involvement in open-source coding projects
- Programming/robotics blogger
What We Offer
Competitive salary and company equity based on experience and personal
An amazing opportunity to experience life in Shenzhen, widely known as
China’s Silicon Valley. Shenzhen has the best air quality of any major city
Free Chinese lessons
An international workplace where English is our working language
On-site company gym
Plenty of resources to purchase all kinds of equipment for research and
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to dream at dorabot.com. Visit
Dorabot.com to see our tech in action and view additional openings.
**More About Dorabot**
Hao Zhang (CTO & Founder) - A self-described “robomancer”, Hao has been
building robots for over a decade, and he is well known in American and
Chinese maker communities. Hao is currently a PHD candidate at the Hong Kong
University of Science and Technology, and he was listed in Forbes China’s 30
Under 30 in 2017.
Spencer Deng (CEO & Co-founder) - Prior to joining Dorabot, Spencer worked
in logistics and finance, holding senior positions at UPS and J.P. Morgan.
He’s also been trading stocks since he was 12 years old. Spencer was listed
in the Forbes 30 Under 30 for China in 2017 and Asia in 2018.
Chong Loo (CCO) - Loo is former UPS senior executive with over 30 years of
experience in logistics management. Loo brings to Dorabot extensive
knowledge of express delivery systems, financial planning, and business
Introducing Dorabot -
Life at Dorabot - Employee Interviews -
Interview with Wolf Schaarschmidt (Tech Lead)-
Anyone who is interested in applying for the jobs, pls send me your CV to my
personal email address: shi.chen at dorabot.com or pls send to our recruiting
mail: dream at dorabot.com
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=OU1w4of7vX7BFmSyi2K3gRsJW07IXzAgu-5AmCG80p4&s=TzLLINATncVVqRpgsklWYHJVLGEnOX7gRnHIbKwqSUw&e=
More information about the robotics-worldwide