[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 2 x Computer Science (inc Robotics) Lecturer Posts (Bands 7 and 8)

John C. Murray john at jcmurray.com
Thu Jul 12 08:08:47 PDT 2018

*Reference: * FS0369 / FS0370
*Campus: * Hull
*Faculty/Area: * Faculty of Science and Engineering
*Department: * Computer Science - School of Engineering and Computer Science
*Salary: * £33,519 to £38,833 per annum - Band 7 (£41,212 to £47,722 per
annum - Band 8)
*Post Type: * Full Time
*Closing Date: * Monday 06 August 2018

Computer Science is part of the School of Engineering and Computer Science
at the University of Hull, and is one of the largest subjects, with
approximately 30 academic staff and around 800 students. Computer Science
has a number of opportunities for new staff, as we develop new programmes
and enhance our existing provision. In recognition of the importance of the
School, we are benefiting from new infrastructure and facilities, with
investment in the development of new programmes in robotics and
cybersecurity, together with creation of innovative new research labs and
teaching spaces. To support this growth, we are seeking to appoint a number
of new staff, to enhance our research capacity and teaching provisions in
our existing areas, and those that are developing: *Robotics and Autonomous
Systems*; Big Data Analytics; Virtual Environments and Human-Computer
Interaction; Dependable Intelligent Systems/Cybersecurity. We would
particularly welcome applicants in the areas of computer graphics, software
and systems engineering, and artificial intelligence and machine learning.

For all posts, an existing or emerging research track record is essential,
as is a commitment to high quality teaching. Duties will include a
combination of research, teaching, academic support and scholarship.
Experience in the use of virtual learning environments and willingness to
explore innovative and non-traditional teaching methods is welcomed.

The School of Engineering and Computer Science is working towards achieving
an Athena SWAN Award and is committed to equality and values diversity.
Applications are particularly welcome from women and minority groups, who
are generally under-represented in academic posts in STEM.

For information about the school visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hull.ac.uk_faculties_fse_ecs.aspx&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=LEOEPeCi4w9GjjjroSUsI_dk9x6-i-A9F7gco2ePVnw&s=x4gJxYOszJ7FQaKVU5BAkq0q0hWok39SaDOqHMutj54&e=

Informal enquiries about these roles may be made to Professor John Murray
(Professor of Robotics and Autonomous Systems) at john.murray at hull.ac.uk
for anyone interested in the Robotics theme or Dr Neil Gordon (Head of
Subject) on 01482 465038 or by email to n.a.gordon at hull.ac.uk for general
enquiries.

The Band 7 posts are entry level grades, whereas Band 8 requires a track
record in teaching and obtaining research funds. For full details of these
posts, including the specific expectations and preferred areas of
expertise, please see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jobs.hull.ac.uk&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=LEOEPeCi4w9GjjjroSUsI_dk9x6-i-A9F7gco2ePVnw&s=Gjx7BGpOSQFbJ_aQknYksbrpCJgct0vmdDeClBXx33E&e=