[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] NVIDIA hiring Robotics Software and Hardware Engineers

Dieter Fox dieterf at nvidia.com
Thu Jul 12 21:24:02 PDT 2018

NVIDIA is hiring Software and Hardware Engineers to support robotics research and the ISAAC SDK and Simulation efforts.

Robotic systems are some of the most complex and interconnected hardware and software systems the world has ever seen. Technology is advancing fast, especially driven by recent progress in control, perception, simulation, and learning, quickly making new applications in manufacturing, logistics, healthcare, and homes plausible. But many of these tools, techniques, algorithms, and ideas are inaccessible to the numerous researchers, entrepreneurs, engineers, artists, or healthcare professionals eager to take aim and transform these real-world problems.

At Nvidia we’re dedicated to the democratization of this technology through high-performance and rigorously engineered robotics system components to enable a new generation of entrepreneurs and researchers to build future robotics applications.  To achieve this, our new Isaac SDK and Simulation teams in the Nvidia headquarters in Santa Clara and in Toronto, the advanced robotics R&D teams in Pittsburgh and Zurich, and the robotics research lab in Seattle are seeking world-class talent in rigorous software, hardware, and research engineering.

Robotics is highly interdisciplinary, so at Nvidia we want to learn from the best in the field across a wide range of areas.  For our engineering positions at junior and senior levels, experience in areas like manipulation, vision, deep learning, navigation, localization, mapping, motion generation, control, etc. is a significant plus, but not critical. We’re seeking professional expertise in core software engineering areas such as high-performance systems design, hybrid systems, deep learning tools, real-time constraints, large-scale linear algebra and optimization, inter-process communication, low-latency multiprocessing, etc. Candidates should have deep and professional expertise in systems development and skills that complement and augment our team of robotics researchers. Engineers will work closely with roboticists to design, develop, and rigorously test systems, so the ability to learn quickly on the job is a must, as is the ability to lucidly communicate engineering constraints and methodologies to interdisciplinary teams.

What you’ll be doing:

  *   Coordinating with researchers to distil the state-of-the-art into a suite of software tools to support lab research; designing, developing, testing, and demoing end-to-end robotic systems integrating the latest research from subgroups in perception, planning, control, higher-level cognition, etc.
  *   Designing frameworks and tools for component isolation and controlled experimentation leading to publication in top tier robotics, vision, and learning conferences.
  *   Coordinating company-wide to productionize software components for integration into Nvidia’s Isaac SDK for broader commercial use.
  *   Building demos to showcase research, especially emphasizing utility and impact in commercial settings such as collaborative manufacturing / assembly, logistics, healthcare, and emerging home applications.

We want to see:

  *   At least 2+ years professional software engineering experience.
  *   Masters/PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
  *   Deep knowledge of C++, CUDA, and/or Python, and familiarity with deep learning tools such as TensorFlow and Torch.
  *   Substantial experience designing and developing performance-critical software for systems such as simulation, games, autonomous vehicles, vision, control, sensor processing, etc.
  *   Knowledge of robotics or a related area and/or a demonstrated ability to learn and apply complex technical background quickly along with a strong desire to build some of the world’s most sophisticated robotic systems.

With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, Nvidia is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant people in the world and our research and engineering teams are growing at an unprecedented rate. We have ambitious plans for the future of robotics, and we need your help. If you’re eager to work with some of the world’s best robotics researchers and engineers to enable a new wave of robotics applications, let’s talk!

NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, as well as any and all other characteristic protected by law.

To apply, please go to the following links:

  *   Software Engineer (Santa Clara, Isaac Team)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_en-2DUS_NVIDIAExternalCareerSite_job_US-2DCA-2DSanta-2DClara_Senior-2DSoftware-2DEngineer-2D-2DRobotics-5FJR1912949&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=BTBcOCY34PnQNZl-sB-_RySgUaeSBMzxJgWaknyp2qw&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_en-2DUS_NVIDIAExternalCareerSite_job_US-2DCA-2DSanta-2DClara_Senior-2DSoftware-2DEngineer-2D-2DRobotics-5FJR1912949-250b&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=eKcl4HB5dcbKt2hGNkL5g-Rlc4j_UhMb9YmTWnTKbzQ&e=>
  *   Robotics/AI Research and Development Engineer (Santa Clara, Isaac Team)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_en-2DUS_NVIDIAExternalCareerSite_job_US-2DCA-2DSanta-2DClara_ROBOTICS-2DAI-2DRESEARCH-2DAND-2DDEVELOPMENT-2DENGINEER-5FJR1911879&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=NXi0P0D-VrXG3yn-81XCLhHxhko8M5i3kJsBECjbFiw&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_en-2DUS_NVIDIAExternalCareerSite_job_US-2DCA-2DSanta-2DClara_ROBOTICS-2DAI-2DRESEARCH-2DAND-2DDEVELOPMENT-2DENGINEER-5FJR1911879-250b&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=zNlxI0KzIWvyNdq8pWE0d5jCxojN5L9dq2vuN56ZTB8&e=>
  *   Software Engineer (Seattle, Robotics Research Lab)

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_UniversityJobs_job_US-2DWA-2DRedmond_Software-2DEngineer-2D-2DRobotics-2DResearch-2D-5FJR1916499&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=U8Zr2XSjWVev6RacvHBNaSI5wRh1y1kIAn7MxlrqQ2A&e=

  *   Hardware engineer  (Seattle, Robotics Research Lab)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__nvidia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com_NVIDIAExternalCareerSite_job_US-2DWA-2DRedmond_Robotics-2DResearch-2DHardware-2DEngineer-2D-2DNCG-2D-5FJR1916253&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=INL0zV71A46csB0mCmbxXUeXwyNHCoum14hGShSwmJA&s=gFuJ2mefCjm8uYZSoz68I_QNHSVHuwzBtPskdwwd-wY&e=

Very best,
Dieter Fox