[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 2x Postdoc in Robot Learning at the Oxford Applied AI Lab

Ingmar Posner ingmar.posner at pmb.ox.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 05:12:30 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

the Applied AI Lab (A2I) at the Oxford Robotics Institute is looking to fill two postdoc positions in Robot Learning. A2I explores core challenges in AI and Machine Learning to enable robots to robustly and effectively operate in complex, real-world environments. Our research is guided by our vision to create machines which constantly improve through use in their dedicated workspace. Our research spans a diverse range of application areas. This is an exciting time to be joining the group as we explore a number of intellectual challenges at the heart of robot learning. You will focus on the development of state of the art machine learning methods to enable robots to robustly act and interact in the real world. This will involve both theoretical and practical work in machine perception, knowledge acquisition and decision making. In your remit will be addressing challenges such as machine introspection in perception and decision making, data efficient learning, learning from demonstration, transfer learning and task-based curriculum learning. You will also be involved – and may take a leading role - in extending the platform reach of A2I into the manipulation domain as a testbed for our ideas.

The closing date for applications is 16 August 2018. Details of how to apply can be found here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.eng.ox.ac.uk_jobs_current-2Dvacancies_vacancy_135853-2DPostdoctoral-2DResearch-2DAssistant-2Din-2DRobot-2DLearning&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qGpgqjmLM5-AZihuuUY9bbYCxnsGVhLGkMr82XDQwE4&s=TMacAJr9NF7RoqvY7rxddVlV7w0zw25nHtkL029FgpE&e=>.

Best Regards,
I.

Ingmar Posner
Associate Professor in Engineering Science (Information Engineering)
Department of Engineering Science
Oxford University

Administrator: Hollie Dunn
hollie at robots.ox.ac.uk<mailto:cassandra.warren at eng.ox.ac.uk>