[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Early Stage Researcher position at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, University of Bremen
nyga at cs.uni-bremen.de
Fri Jul 20 02:23:24 PDT 2018
Doctoral Candidate / Early Stage Researcher position
As a research associate at the Institute for Artificial Intelligence, you will develop systems for knowledge representation and automated knowledge acquisition, which combine the human ability of understanding language, perceiving objects and learning from experience. In particular, intelligent robots are to be endowed with the capability of autonomously acquiring knowledge in order to robustly act in human environments and competently and successfully achieve human-scale everyday tasks.
In particular, your challenges comprise the following:
* the development and implementation of probabilistic models and algorithms for learning and reasoning in complex
scenarios of intelligent service robots,
* the creation and maintenance of documentation, scientific publications, and the presentation of research results at
top-tier international conferences,
* self-organized and ambitious work both individually and in a team of researchers,
* the authoring of research grant proposals.
* Successfully completed Master's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science with a major in Artificial
* very good skills in Machine Learning and Data Mining; esp. experience with probabilistic graphical models (Bayesian
networks/Markov random fields/Markov logic networks) and related formalisms,
* very good programming skills in the Python/Cython/C/C++ programming languages and respective libraries for scientific
* experience in natural-language understanding and semantic modeling is helpful.
Besides the eagerness and ability to quickly dive into new and complex research scenarios and topics, we expect organizational skills, the ability to work in a team and high commitment and dedication to your research. Very good skills of the English language is required, German is helpful.
Research associate with the Institute for Artificial Intelligence at the University of Bremen, Germany,
Salary is according to the German Federal pay scale, TV-L 13, full-time. The position is available as soon as possible.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, certificates, project references, etc.) under reference number A192/18 to:
ai-office at cs.uni-bremen.de
For more information, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ai.uni-2Dbremen.de&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=2vGfaEJclqwxHGjDliAI_b_MQVC9guFfG8QOmF_9wao&s=z-d1eMY0AH8UDuwJ1iKh5EkNjQbEprqL0W4NWg-IjzE&e= or https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ease-2Dcrc.org&d=DwICaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=2vGfaEJclqwxHGjDliAI_b_MQVC9guFfG8QOmF_9wao&s=1R3W0AD_lyKNgcbqBxpRSV_xeLbUkU4Md96bVYYyq44&e=
Dr.rer.nat. Daniel Nyga
Institute for Artificial Intelligence | University of Bremen
Am Fallturm 1 | nyga at cs.uni-bremen.de
28359 Bremen | Tel: +49 (421) 218-64010
More information about the robotics-worldwide