[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc Position in Robotics at Purdue University, USA
minb at purdue.edu
Sat Jul 21 10:30:25 PDT 2018
[Postdoctoral Position Announcement]
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN USA is soliciting applications for a fully funded postdoctoral research position for the international project "Robotic Water Quality Monitoring and Distribution Systems" beginning immediately. This project is a joint work between Purdue University and Universidad Nacional de San Agustin (UNSA) in Arequipa, Peru. The postdoc will be joining a team of researchers developing mobile robotic systems for autonomous water quality monitoring and water distribution systems in the context of mining and agriculture. The research focus of the project crosses multiple areas: mobile robot design and development (e.g. UGV, UAV, USV/ROV), robot control, multi-robot systems, and robotic sensor networks. Candidates should have a strong interest in contributing to and collaborating with international and multidisciplinary teams and will be expected to publish scholarly papers and attend international conferences, as well as take on a mentorship role for undergraduates.
* Education - Ph.D. in Robotics, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, or in a closely related field.
* Experience - Robotics research experience; significant robot software and hardware development experience, and experience working with commercially available robot platforms. Experience writing technical papers.
* Skills - Excellent knowledge in designing and developing algorithms and robotic systems to solve real-world problems, ability to work independently, good leadership skills, good teamwork skills, curiosity and good analytical skills, fast prototyping skills, and good oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required.
* Travel - No issue with international travel including Peru.
* Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
* Initial appointments will be made for one year, with appointment renewal based on annual performance assessments and availability of funds.
If you are interested in this position, email your up-to-date CV to minb at purdue dot edu for initial screening. After reviewing your CV, we will invite successful candidates to submit a full application, including (1) a cover letter briefly describing your background and research interests; (2) up to three recent publications; (3) the names and contact information (telephone number and e-mail address) of three references.
Byung-Cheol Min, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Computer and Information Technology
Director, SMART Laboratory
minb at purdue.edu<mailto:minb at purdue.edu>
More information about the robotics-worldwide