[robotics-worldwide] [ai-robotics] [jobs] Post-doc position on LAAS-RIS Laboratory, Toulouse, France
Rachid.Alami at laas.fr
Tue Jul 31 07:25:14 PDT 2018
A One year (re-newable) Post-Doc opportunity is now available, working
with Dr. Rachid Alami (LAAS, Toulouse, France) in decisional issues
for Human-Robot Interaction.
The applicant will contribute to the development and evaluation of a
control architecture for a robot that is able to collaborate with or
One main source of inspiration is the human-human joint action, a
a topic of intense research in cognitive psychology and philosophy.
Specific topics of interest are: shared task and motion plan
elaboration, robot on-line decisional abilities as well as human-robot
communication and dialog management. Key notions that will support
this work are Joint Action, Shared Plans, affordances, perspective
taking and theory of mind. Learning within such a framework will also
Several collaborative projects will be used as context for the research.
- PhD in Human-robot Interaction, Cognitive Robotics or closely related fields
- Excellent academic track record with publications
- Very good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong background in one of the following: AI, Algorithmics, Planning, Machine-Learning
- Strong C++ skills, Python
- Skill to analyze and improve algorithms
- Ability to work as a teammate with other researchers
Familiarity with tools such as ROS, and Git is a must.
Starting Date: October 2018 but later starts are also possible.
Application deadline: The evaluation of the candidates starts
immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Apply by email to Rachid.Alami at laas.fr:
1. Letter of motivation
2. Your full CV (Nationality, Date of Birth, English level, scientific publications);
3 List of at least 3 references
4; Recommendations Letters
More information about the robotics-worldwide