[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Associate in Robotics
Tan Tai Chi Shawn
shawntantc at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Mar 2 00:41:09 PST 2018
The Institute for Media Innovation (IMI https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__imi.ntu.edu.sg_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=HbG-KaYO8MVPNQXuUJ4MzVwTLNcEgzh9MPwKXJ0BwWA&s=bvUrvvQAoWlILtfFtRV7F8Wc2OFYz7ffiyJU-r0jC8E&e=) at Nanyang Technological University immediately invites applications for Research Associates to work in our leading research media Institute (IMI) in Singapore, in the area of social robots. Researchers will have an opportunity to work in a cutting-edge interactive environment with top equipment including a very realistic human-like robot, several other small size robots. Our main research goal is to develop functional robots which are aware of the environment and conscious of ongoing situations. In order for these awareness and consciousness to be developed, we need to simulate human perception, based on the electrical activity of the brain, captured by digital EEG (ElectroEncephaloGraphy) technology. Brain states and ERPs will be analysed by using techniques like Time-frequency analysis and phase synchrony.
The candidate should hold a Master degree from a reputed University in the field of social robotics or related topics.
The applicant must have experience in some of the areas as follows:
· Proficient in one or more coding language like C/C++, Python, Java etc.
· Hands on experience in one or more listed area: robot motion control, robot navigation or path planning, RTOS, computer vision, computer graphics, 3D modelling technology or AI and deep learning, ROS (Robot Operating System).
· Deep learning and Convolutional Architecture for Fast Feature Embedding (Caffe).
· Experience with 3D printing including design, modelling, processing.
· Experience with EEG software and technology
· Computational methods for data analysis and brain signal analysis
· Experience in neurobehavioral assessment
Please submit the following to imi-recruitment at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:imi-recruitment at ntu.edu.sg>
· Statement of support of application explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this post, how you meet its requirements and the experience which you have that is relevant. Please highlight particular achievements
· Curriculum vitae with photo
· Two names and contacts of referees
· Salary expectation
· Availability date
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, with both students and faculty members enjoying a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features. NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide