[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Job Openings @ 6 River Systems

Dan Winkler dan at 6river.com
Mon Mar 12 05:27:55 PDT 2018

We are looking for talented roboticist to join our fast growing team!
*Who we are*

Life at 6 River Systems is about creating amazing systems that solve real
world problems. We create magic by harnessing the power of hardware,
software, data, and people.

6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new
approach to warehouse automation.

Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary mobile
robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost
of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
*Culture*

Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. We have a West
Coast vibe with Northeast drive. As a team, we encourage open discussion
about particularly challenging problems.  We are as passionate about hiring
the right people as we are about building great products.
*Spread the Word *

While we might not have a job opening, we are always looking for
exceptional team members with experience in the following areas:

   - Mechanical Engineering
   - Supply Chain
   - Regulatory and Compliance

*Software Engineer - Robotics (Perception)*

   - Experience programming in a multiple languages with the flexibility to
   pick up new ones.  Currently developing  in C++, Javascript, and Python
   - Proven track record of solving complex perception problems with CUDA,
   CNNs, and other machine learning techniques including sensor fusion, state
   estimation, object detection, classification, tracking, and 3D
   reconstruction.
   - Experience with RGB-D sensors and algorithms.
   - Self-motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal
   supervision
   - Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices (we write lots
   of unit tests)
   - Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
   - Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
   - Bonus: Experience with databases, supply chain applications

*Senior Software Engineer - Robotics (Machine Learning)*

   - Experience programming in a multiple languages with the flexibility to
   pick up new ones.  Currently developing  in C++, Javascript, and Python
   - Proven track record of solving complex perception problems with CUDA,
   CNNs, and other machine learning techniques including sensor fusion, state
   estimation, object detection, classification, tracking, and 3D
   reconstruction.
   - Experience with RGB-D sensors and algorithms.
   - Self-motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal
   supervision
   - Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices (we write lots
   of unit tests)
   - Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
   - Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
   - Bonus: Experience with databases, supply chain applications

*Software Engineer - Robotics (Mapping and Localization)*

   - Experience leading teams of developers to deliver exceptional products
   - Familiarity with a variety of languages with the flexibility to pick
   up new ones.  Our current technology suite includes Typescript, NodeJS,
   Angular, C++ and ROS.
   - Experience designing simulation frameworks and building web based
   tools to manage, visualize and interact with system of distributed robots
   - Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices (we write lots
   of unit tests)
   - Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
   - Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
   - Bonus: Experience with building modern web applications, docker
   containers, messaging systems, Robot Operating System (ROS) and GIS tools
   like Leaflet or OpenLayers.

*Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack*

   - Experience leading teams of developers to deliver exceptional products
   - 7-10 years of full stack software development experience
   - Experience managing state transitions through complex business process
   logic
   - Familiarity with a variety of languages and the interest and
   flexibility to pick up new ones.  Our current cloud technology suite
   includes Typescript and NodeJS.
   - Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices (we write lots
   of unit tests)
   - Strong organizational, communication, and planning skills
   - Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
   - Enthusiasm to learn and be challenged on a daily basis
   - Bonus: Experience building fault tolerant and scalable SaaS
   architectures and distributed systems; with Docker containers, messaging
   systems, caching and databases

*For more information about our company visit: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__6river.com&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ZvDWoMU804zcq0BYP6hjBjjEmt-XzbAGUBUTVAVTUcM&s=RD-0-wLtOyZ9ekY6hxhX6uz08YnI27MCfawyL9e5V8M&e=