[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Multiple positions at Boston Dynamics

mklingen mklingen89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 08:25:17 PDT 2018

Boston Dynamics began as a spin-off from the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology, where we developed the first robots that ran and maneuvered like
animals. Now we are taking the next step, combining the principles of
dynamic control and balance with sophisticated mechanical designs,
cutting-edge electronics, and software for perception, navigation, and
intelligence.  Boston Dynamics has an extraordinary technical team of
engineers and scientists who seamlessly combine advanced analytical thinking
with bold engineering and boots-in-the-mud practicality.

We pride ourselves in building machines that both break boundaries and work
in the real world.

Machine Learning Engineer

Boston Dynamics is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to help enable novel
autonomous robotics applications and enhance human robot interaction. The
ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. demonstrating ability to design and
execute a novel application of machine learning. Masters level candidates
with strong experience will also be considered.

Required Skills:

Comfortable writing and debugging C++ and Python Code
Design of relevant feature sets for data collection and training
Familiarity with implementation of distributed training systems
Familiarity with available machine learning toolkits (eg Tensorflow, Cuda)
Experience with applications of machine learning to video or image analysis
Desired Skills:

Application of machine learning to 3D data sets
Familiarity with cloud based Api’s
Experience with robot systems and autonomy
Familiarity with graphics programming

Control Systems Engineer-
We are looking for someone who can work as a key member of our
multi-disciplinary team.  It will involve creating dynamic simulations of
robotic systems for early stage development as well as on-robot testing to
deliver real world machines.

We require a MS or PhD degree in electrical engineering, mechanical
engineering, aeronautical engineering or computer science plus 2 or more
years of relevant experience. A balance between analytic ability and
practical implementation on hardware systems will be expected.  Simulation
experience is useful.  You'll do well here if you like thinking about how
things move and developing algorithms to make machines realize your vision.
Strong interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills are required. We desire
experience ranging from concept through build, test, debug, and delivery. We
are looking for experience in several of the following areas:

Required Skills:

* C, C++ programming for real-time control and sensor processing
* Implementing high-bandwidth feedback control in hardware
* Developing simple models of complex systems
* Sensing and state estimation

Desired Skills:

* Control of multi-DOF systems
* Familiarity with multi-body kinematics
* Dynamic simulation
* Optimization
* Path planning

Software Engineer -

We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our fast moving team working to
give our legged robots the ability to navigate through forests and across
mountains.

The ideal candidate has a very strong background in building software in a
supportive team environment.  They should be comfortable with thinking about
big picture systems problems, collaborating to find solutions, and then
pitching in to build those solutions. We’re a small company, so being
comfortable with taking the initiative, defining the solution, and owning
its implementation is a must here.  Engineers are expected to not only
develop, but also teach and learn in our collaborative environment.

We are looking for experience in at least several of the following areas:

Team-oriented software engineering.
Experience delivering real world solutions and products.
Excellent background in C++, Python, and Linux with 3+ years experience
Subspecialities in networking and distributed systems, realtime software,
continuous integration, unit tests, simulation, cross-discipline
collaboration, embedded development, and/or build tools.

A background in robotics including perception, motion planning, controls,
and hands on operation is a plus but not a prerequisite.

Prefer MS or PhD in computer science or engineering.

How to apply:
go to  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bostondynamics.com_jobs&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=GguQtisPT1LamLm4gS57448ZKVTQ6xvOOFAXGn6ZmQY&s=ZvkmUIbk7F6JoZTWRDj5bp4ofqi7UHfKXymaul14tEg&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.bostondynamics.com_jobs&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=GguQtisPT1LamLm4gS57448ZKVTQ6xvOOFAXGn6ZmQY&s=ZvkmUIbk7F6JoZTWRDj5bp4ofqi7UHfKXymaul14tEg&e=>   and submit your resume.

--
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=GguQtisPT1LamLm4gS57448ZKVTQ6xvOOFAXGn6ZmQY&s=CLWP7QCos_yINxAZLBnJ9AWIaK3rQjjFQ0zotI3pi7A&e=