[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Engineer in Autonomous Motion for Autonomous Transport Solutions

Cirillo Marcello marcello.cirillo at scania.com
Tue Mar 13 09:17:46 PDT 2018

[Apologies for cross-postings]

Are you a curious, driven and responsible person who believes leading the way towards sustainable transport solutions would be exciting?
At Autonomous Transport Solutions (ATS) Pre-Development & Research, Scania R&D, we are responsible for researching, developing and testing future cutting edge ATS concepts. We operate in self-steered teams that work in close cooperation with the Volkswagen group, leading technology suppliers and academic institutions, with the ambition to detect and evaluate upcoming technologies. Our culture is built based upon delivering added customer value through research and practical experiments that iteratively lead to concepts for industrialization.
Does this sound like an interesting technical area? Then send us your application and we will be happy to give you a more detailed explanation.

=Your work duties=

You will be working in a multi-cultural research team within R&D. The team is responsible for delivering results and set the path within a certain research area through innovative and practical solutions.
As a Research Engineer you contribute to design development and evaluation of algorithms for autonomous vehicles. The system is based on a platform that processes large amount of data to correctly interpret the surroundings of the vehicle (situation awareness), ensuring that correct decisions are made during operation (decision making and execution monitoring), timely diagnosing potential problems (safety management) and motion planning. One of the success factors for our team is fast feedback and cross functional days focused on innovation.

=Your profile=

We like people that are team players, attentive and humble with the ability to drive the technical development forward. You are appreciated for your ability to see the big picture, your theoretical knowledge, practical experience, and mostly for your willingness and prestige-less attitude to share knowledge and experience. Your curiosity and hunger for innovation constantly drives your willingness to develop and improve the environment that you work in. You, as an individual, have a drive to constantly develop and learn new technologies.
You hold a Ph.D. in engineering physics, computer science, robotics, electrical engineering or a M.Sc. degree with relevant work experience. You are fluent in English both in writing and in speech.
Knowledge and experience within software languages such as C++ and Matlab/Simulink along with a keen interest in programming is regarded as meritorious in addition to experience within agile development and robotic systems such as autonomous vehicles.

=We offer=

As an employee at Scania we offer, in addition to career development, other benefits like a company car, result-based bonus, service pension, flexible working hours, subsidised lunches and a lot more. I you live in Stockholm, we offer a direct bus between Stockholm and Södertälje through the Scania jobexpress.

=For additional information=

Please contact Assad Alam, +46 8 553 896 41, assad.alam at scania.com<mailto:assad.alam at scania.com>

=Your application=

Apply via our homepage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.scania.com_group_en_available-2Dpositions_&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=sOpeZh6TWCKqWw_gTcBMzOLahsHgBAzdUzeSqCoKmbE&s=NdL2Xqla2-1Hynd9oHFqLv2jRMhcklEj4pTgsOQ87Aw&e= at Scania latest by March 26. Job id 20177023. Interviews will be conducted continuously during the application period. Your application should include a cover letter, CV and copies of your education certificate