[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Tenure-Track Robotics Professor position in New Hampshire, US. (Plymouth State)

Kyle Burke paithanq at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 13:33:06 PDT 2018

Hello,

Plymouth State U. is searching for a faculty member to lead our new
undergraduate Robotics/Electro-Mechanical Technology major.  Bullets:

    * Tenure-Track position.

    * New Hampshire, US.  (2 hours from Boston.)

    * Position starts Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.

    * You get to lead the program, shape the curriculum, and create a lab.

    * The new major includes a 3-course Robotics sequence.

More thorough information:

Plymouth, NH, is located about two hours north of Boston, MA, on I-93.  It
is a vacation destination being near great skiing (30 minutes to Waterville
Valley, Cannon, and Loon) and excellent hiking in the White Mountains and
Lakes Region.  At the same time, property in Plymouth is extremely
reasonably-priced.  (I bought a log cabin on a mountain and with a view for
less than $200,000 only four years ago.)

New courses designed for the EMTR major (B.S.) include:
    * Intro to EMT (imagined using ROS)
    * Microprocessors & Distributed Systems
    * Intro to Engineering Design
    * Robotics I, II, and III.
Existing courses come from the CS and IT majors that we already have.  We
expect that the successful applicant will adjust the curriculum as needed.

2,800 square feet of lab space is being allocated for this major.  The lab
will be located in the same building as our new MakerSpace, which comes
online this fall.  The more plans and direction you have for this lab, the
better.

For more information and to apply, please visit the official posting:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.usnh.edu_postings_28879&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yKgQWzRMq5Q66Hnn8ynAGs6TufbgtX92bSmix0wOCAA&s=bTKG2WJUhTF_IewZLjQB2uJJFpr867BiUke_qK8vj_M&e=

If you want to teach, live in a beautiful setting, and be in charge of your
own robotics lab and research agenda, we hope you will apply.  We will
begin reviewing applications right around April 1.

--
Me: paithanq at gmail.com (or kwburke at plymouth.edu)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__turing.plymouth.edu_-7Ekgb1013_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yKgQWzRMq5Q66Hnn8ynAGs6TufbgtX92bSmix0wOCAA&s=thOCmEfmoIDmBxDWDe-vZCkvBTpvREJEv2sDZPuNvL4&e=