[robotics-worldwide] Invitation for European Rover Challenge 2018 - the student contest with the space-robotics field impact [news]

Magda Worytko teams at roverchallenge.eu
Mon Mar 19 06:45:18 PDT 2018

Dear Researches,

this year, for the fourth time, will be organized ERC - European Rover
Challenge - one of the biggest in Europe, international robotics contest
dedicated to the young engineers from all over the world. I would like
to invite you all to the event which will take place in Starachowice
(Poland) in September. European Space Agency has assumed the honorary
patronage over ERC.

I would like also to ask you to share the information about ERC with the
robotics teams from universities which you think that might be
interested. Please, help us build the space-robotics community and in
the long term - improve the whole space-robotics field.

ERC is the great opportunity for the teams' members to join the
professional-robotics world as well as for the professionals who are
looking for talented engineers or commercial solutions. Apart from the
ERC STUDENT competition there will be organized ERC PRO track, where
professional robotics solutions may be presented.

Taking part in the 4th edition of the European Rover Challenge gives an
unique opportunity to join the AMADEE 2020 mission (1st place award),
exchange experiences and ideas with engineers from all over the world,
create projects to the ESA standards, gain an opportunity of a yearlong
cooperation with a 3D SLS printers producer and build a strong, globally
respected personal brand in the space sector.

The task that the teams will face is to design and build a rover
analogue which will get the biggest number of points in different
competitions simulating Mars and other planets exploration. The process
of making projects will be supported by the access to the
MATLAB/Simulink software with the license provided to each team
participating in the challenge.

I truly believe that European Rover Challenge could be a great
experience for the students – both from the educational and professional
point of view. ERC gives the opportunity to challenge their abilities
but also is kind of HR-platform, where young, talented engineers may
meet the employers from space robotics industry.

In the link here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__roverchallenge.eu_en_register-2Dfor-2Derc-2D2018_&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=bz1F-CNA6mnCNXsp6bV7cD3bEvOBYVx9CnFJbmrUoDM&s=VGL3ZJl4LykQb33ASnBqR1qjrdf4tLy67F-tSk-zHVs&e= you
can find an invitation for teams. Also, I’m attaching the ERC
Information Guide, where you can read more about the advantages of
taking part in ERC.  I would be grateful if you would share it with
students and encourage them to take part in European Rover Challenge.

In this edition, apart from the traditional ERC STUDENT formula, we are
introducing a brand new ERC PRO formula. We want to give start-ups,
companies, research groups and people working in the space robotics
field a chance to present more advanced projects. Please, feel invited
to join into that part too. This will also give student groups an
opportunity to have a direct contact with more experienced teams and
talk with them.

If you need more information, please, contact me.

Best regards,

--
Magda Worytko
ERC Teams Coordinator

Phone: +48 666 300 014
Facebook: facebook.com/europeanroverchallenge
Twitter: @rover_challenge

European Rover Challenge