[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Scientist at Siemens Corporate Technology in Berkeley, CA
eugen.solowjow at siemens.com
Thu Mar 22 13:45:04 PDT 2018
Dear Robotics Worldwide Community,
The Advanced Manufacturing Automation Research Group at Siemens Corporate Technology located in Berkeley, California has currently a job opening for a Research Scientist - "Future of Automation" .
About the Advanced Manufacturing Automation Research Group:
In this research group, we shape the innovation roadmap towards the advanced manufacturing of the future; in collaboration with technology startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies. We are a team of automation-enthusiasts, innovators, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who are passionate about disruptive technologies in the areas of Robotics, Control, Machine Learning, and Optimization.
We are looking for a highly motivated Research Scientist with expertise in automation, optimization, embedded systems, robotics, AI, machine learning.
Skills / Job Requirements include amongst others:
* PhD required in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4 years of related experience.
* Experience in one or more of the following: automation, optimization, embedded systems, robotics, AI, machine learning.
* Track record of creating automation architectures to virtualize, distribute and/or accelerate computational demanding algorithms and applications.
* Experience in designing swarms of cyber-physical systems (CPS).
* Experience in cooperative and distributed control.
* Proven experience analyzing, designing, executing, modifying, and implementing research projects.
* Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++. Further experience in Scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
Availability: As soon as possible.
Please use the following link to submit your application:
Advanced Manufacturing Automation Research Group
Siemens Corporate Technology
More information about the robotics-worldwide