[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Post-Doc: Robotics for Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics
soojeon at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 27 12:42:45 PDT 2018
Waterloo Engineering has the largest and one of the most active research groups on robotics and factory automation in Canada (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__uwaterloo.ca_robotics-2Dresearch_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6H5JG-Yu0wMeCyQZCSrnn1t9v-4KvmRMlCkNwa_5fao&s=ntol5e1lws2DIDSHYduM73GbHEqKDGilD0BRxGD7tJI&e=). With over 45 faculty members and the state-of-the-art test facility including Robohub (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__uwaterloo.ca_robohub_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6H5JG-Yu0wMeCyQZCSrnn1t9v-4KvmRMlCkNwa_5fao&s=Jq1GillFvn8MC6fd-p_slmNANeh55DIzk8DJQjfVYE4&e=), Waterloo Robotics research team has a wide breadth of expertise in all areas of advanced robotics, factory automation and complementary fields. We are currently looking for a Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) to join the Department of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering (MME) and Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) at University of Waterloo, Canada. Any qualified personnel are encouraged to apply.
- Topic: Human-Oriented Operation of Mobile Manipulators for Advanced Manufacturing and Logistics.
- Duration: The initial appointment will be one year with a potential renewal for another year (i.e. maximum two years).
- Start date: any time within 2018 (or as soon as the position is filled)
- Faculty members in charge: Soo Jeon (MME), Dana Kulic (ECE) and William Melek (MME) at University of Waterloo, Canada
- PhD in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or similar engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated research expertise in robotics, dynamic systems, control and estimation
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) for autonomous navigation and/or robotic manipulation
- Experience with robotic vision and machine learning
- Experience with human-robot interaction (HRI)
- Conducting independent research through theoretical, numerical and experimental studies, and disseminating the results through publications
- Overlooking and managing experimental platforms (mobile platforms and robotic arms)
- Assisting faculty members with project management and supervising graduate students (6 ~ 7 MASc+PhD students).
- Send your CV to Soo Jeon at soojeon at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:soojeon at uwaterloo.ca> with the subject "[UW MME postdoc application]".
- For general info on the postdoctoral appointment process, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__uwaterloo.ca_postdoctoral-2Daffairs_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=6H5JG-Yu0wMeCyQZCSrnn1t9v-4KvmRMlCkNwa_5fao&s=GuRXesH-eKUIv69Y7cDXWUfjDCjG6F7F8UkirGHr50E&e=.
- Soo Jeon and Dana Kulic will be at ICRA 2018 in May, and will be available to meet any interested candidates.
Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering
University of Waterloo, Canada
More information about the robotics-worldwide