[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] 2 Software engineer positions at Rehab Technologies, IIT, Genova
Matteo.Laffranchi at iit.it
Tue Nov 6 09:06:19 PST 2018
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and outstanding full-time Software Engineers (fixed term contract) with proven experience in embedded programming (C and C++) to join our multidisciplinary international research group. The responsibilities of the candidate will include: analysis, design, development and testing of software libraries for the control of real-time robotic devices.
Rehab Technologies IIT-INAIL Lab (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__rehab.iit.it_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=qILZcp-ca8E80lCdU6_hs_lqsr6I9sAFaOrnUL_eI94&s=Hi2zpA8PXaSHnoImi1_5rpekmi3P0X_1P84XKoFGSIs&e=) is a laboratory specialized in the realisation of new high-tech prosthetic, orthotic and rehabilitation devices designed to meet the requirements of people with physical disabilities in terms of autonomy and reintegration.
The selected candidates will have an active role in the development and in the enhancement of the robotic solutions developed so far that include a poly-articulated hand prosthesis (Hannes) and a motorized exoskeleton for the walking of paraplegic subjects (Twin) among several other projects.
- Strong coding, analytical and problem solving skills.
- An excellent Master's Degree in computer science or engineering-related areas.
- >From entry level up to 5 years of proven extensive programming experience.
- Proven development experience using C and/or C++ using an OOP approach.
- Good knowledge of the Linux environment.
- Knowledge of version control software (SVN or GIT).
- Good communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of English.
Proven experience in one or more of the following areas is considered as a plus:
- Control of electromechanical systems and/or sensor fusion algorithms.
- Android development knowledge and experience with Android studio.
- Multi-thread programming, inter-process communication and related issues.
- Embedded programming for signal conditioning and control system development.
- Previous experience of software development using Agile / SCRUM methodologies.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and at least one reference to matteo.laffranchi at iit.it<mailto:matteo.laffranchi at iit.it>, keeping giulio.cerruti at iit.it<mailto:giulio.cerruti at iit.it> and stefano.maludrottu at iit.it<mailto:stefano.maludrottu at iit.it> in cc.
More information about the robotics-worldwide