[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] AI Driving Olympics at NIPS 2018

Andrea Censi acensi at idsc.mavt.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 20 16:50:42 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

The first edition of the  AI Driving Olympics (AI-DO) are in full swing! We
are 2 weeks away from the finals at NIPS 2018.

See here for an introduction:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.duckietown.org_research_ai-2Ddriving-2Dolympics&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=eejVU1YEhgtruUP4J6kfrzVABGUTn-cHEWqKfWbo6C0&s=D2Foe_LB_qGVWoAqKdRuY3lhBrF5t43380yfRrN9yRU&e=

The challenges are online; you can see the leaderboard for the simulations
at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__challenges.duckietown.org_v3_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=eejVU1YEhgtruUP4J6kfrzVABGUTn-cHEWqKfWbo6C0&s=x4T2mQZ5k-xzWJ0av7kkEB3PBrCgUJllCX1afxcLUXk&e= . (We received so far 1200
submissions.)
The entries will be further evaluate on real robots on site at NIPS; it is
a "live competition".

Getting started: It's not difficult getting started, as we provided several
baselines using the most popular approaches and frameworks (TF/PyTorch/ROS,
model-based/RL/IL from real logs and from simulations). In addition to a
long-form manual, we have a series of webinars on how to get started:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.duckietown.org_research_ai-2Ddriving-2Dolympics_get-2Dstarted&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=eejVU1YEhgtruUP4J6kfrzVABGUTn-cHEWqKfWbo6C0&s=ZBcUSdBtY8XCiSeE32C4_VQOYMHtasw8REBZ6RnT0gw&e=

In particular, the next webinar on Wednesday 9AM PST / 12PM EST / 6PM CET
is co-run by our sponsor Amazon Web Services; who will also donate about
~$30k of AWS credits to participants for competing in the AI-DO.

Prizes: AWS will provide $9500 in AWS credits to divide among the winners.
nuTonomy / Aptiv Autonomous Mobility will sponsor 7 trips to a
nuTonomy/Aptiv development office (Boston or Singapore, whichever is easier
to reach). You will be able to visit the offices, have lunch and talk with
junior and senior engineers, and ride in our self-driving cars together
with the developers. (bring a CV, just in case!)

Hope to see you on the leaderboards!