[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Mechanical Engineer: Robotics Systems Designer in Austin, TX

William Helmsing williamhelmsing at apptronik.com
Tue Nov 13 22:08:46 PST 2018

Correction to previous submission, needed to include an email in the application

Austin based Apptronik (apptronik.com) is developing world class robotics technologies including agile humanoids and high-performance exoskeletons.  A spin-out from the Human Centered Robotics lab of UT Austin, Apptronik is dedicated to developing the robots of tomorrow that will work alongside humans and improve our quality of life.

We're looking for highly motivated and talented engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team.  Specifically, we seek an experienced mechanical engineer with proven capabilities for system design and integration.

Required Skills:

  *   Minimum 3 years of experience in development of robotic systems or similar
  *   High CAD expert (Solidworks, Creo, or similar)
  *   Experience solving complex and multifaceted design problems
  *   Design of lightweight yet rugged and reliable mechanical systems
  *   Demonstrated ability for design and manufacture of electro-mechanical assemblies
  *   Strong understanding of kinematics, structural design, and actuation
  *   Excellent teamwork and collaboration
  *   Strong written and verbal communication

Nice to have:

  *   Familiarity with Series Elastic Actuation
  *   Knowledge of human biomechanics

Responsibilities

  *   Collaborate with a small multi-functional team of engineers
  *   Conduct detailed engineering analysis to drive design decisions
  *   Iterative design, prototyping and fabrication
  *   Conduct engineering optimization research to include FEA and other software tools
  *   Create models, drawings and specifications for parts and assemblies

Qualities

  *   Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
  *   Creative, analytical, and disciplined
  *   Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines
  *   Great team player able to communicate effectively and perform within a dynamic start-up environment

Application Instructions
When applying, please submit your resume and a detailed design portfolio if a portfolio cannot be provided please explain in your email submission.  Submissions without a design portfolio or explanation will not be reviewed.

Job Type: Full-time
Opening: Immediate

Bill Helmsing
Director of Operations
Apptronik, Inc.
10705 Metric BLVD, STE 103
Austin, TX 78758
C: (970) 270-0074
W: (512) 596-4446
williamhelmsing at apptronik.com<mailto:williamhelmsing at apptronik.com>
www.apptronik.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.apptronik.com_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=g0I_EYHqR5flgoG0z71JT-0cOAAknBH2IDsECtFRAwc&s=wwQs6gZEh_WXab4Godnfkq2UoelTY9Qvw7n-QuhWSSQ&e=>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

When applying, please submit your resume and a detailed design portfolio  to jobs at apptronik.com<mailto:jobs at apptronik.com>. If a portfolio cannot be provided please explain in your email submission.  Submissions without a design portfolio or explanation will not be reviewed.