[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc position in Social/Autonomous Robotics at the University of Luxembourg
Leon VAN DER TORRE
leon.vandertorre at uni.lu
Sun Nov 25 02:31:33 PST 2018
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a
*Postdoc position in Social/Autonomous Robotics (M/F) in the Computer
Science and Communications Research Unit of the Faculty of Science,
Technology and Communication (FSTC). *
Nature of the position:
* Ref: Postdoc F1-110044 AI Robolab
* Duration: 24 months initial contract, extendable by 6 months,
* Start: Early 2019.
The AI RoboLab, headed by Prof. Leon van der Torre, is seeking an
outstanding postdoc to strengthen its research team in the area of
AI-based robotics contributing to our vision of developing and deploying
autonomous robots able to meaningfully interact with and assist humans.
The application areas of interest include social robotics and robotics
for healthcare and education.
The postdoc is expected to pursue state of the art research activities
in social robotics, write research proposals, assist in supervision,
teaching and public dissemination activities of AI-Robolab and
collaborate with local spin-offs.
* PhD in any discipline relevant to this area of research
* Expertise in autonomous / social robotics
* Experience in writing successful research proposals.
* Experience in managing research projects as well as hands on
experience with robotic software.
* Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Commitment, creativity, and teamwork skills.
* The salary is very competitive.
* You will work in a stimulating international and interdisciplinary
* The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Please prepare the following documents in English :
* send a detailed CV (contact address, studies with grades, work
experience, publication list),
* an abstract of your thesis,
* a list of 3 referees,
* a motivation letter,
* a description of possible research interests/ideas
Applications are processed until the vacancy is filled. Please apply
ONLINE by December 31st, 2018.
Early submission is encouraged ; applications will be processed upon
arrival. Applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.
More information about the robotics-worldwide