[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Immediate Research Internship Opening at HRI (Jan. 2019)
smartin at honda-ri.com
Wed Nov 28 17:03:09 PST 2018
Honda Research Institute USA (Silicon Valley) has an immediate research internship position open for winter/spring semester (Jan. 2019). Intern will work closely with HRI researchers, and publishing results in academic forums is highly encouraged. We are looking for candidates with good publication track records and excellent programming skills to join our team.
Machine Learning (Job Number: P17INT-11)
This position focuses on developing learning framework for video saliency in driving scene utilizing a unique on-road driving data that includes scene videos, vehicle states as well as expert drivers' gaze information. The candidate's responsibilities include: designing and training novel algorithm using machine learning approaches to understand salient objects/region of the driving scene that would/should attract driver's visual attention.
- Develop novel machine learning algorithm and evaluate the performance on video saliency estimation
- Develop meaningful metrics to evaluate the proposed approach
- PhD candidate in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field.
- Strong familiarity and research experience in computer vision, machine learning, including sequential modeling, multimodal signal fusion, and deep learning.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and C++.
- Experience in TensorFlow (or Caffe) preferred.
How to Apply: Please send an e-mail to careers at honda-ri.com with the following:
- Subject line: [P17INT-11] Winter Research Internship
- Short description of your interest in this position
- Recent CV
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the U.S.A.
Confidentiality Notice: This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender and is intended only for the use of the party or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and erase all information and attachments.
More information about the robotics-worldwide