[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Software Engineering for Food Robotics

Camilo Perez camilo.perez at ypc-technologies.com
Sun Dec 1 07:50:49 PST 2019

YPC Technologies, a startup in food robotics is seeking a new team member
in SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FOR ROBOTICS
Location: Montreal, Canada

ABOUT US:
YPC Technologies is a Canadian startup in food robotics with the vision to
make good food more accessible. We are building the first robotic kitchen
that can cook a large variety of recipes, at restaurant quality, using
fresh ingredients.

THE ROLE:
As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will
... contribute to maturing our software development lifecycle process and
have a hand in setting up various systems to produce reproducible,
reliable, high-quality code.
...  maintain and improve our current software infrastructure develop and
refine in-house grasp planning, control methods and propose
algorithms/methods to enhance its performance.
… develop and implement algorithms and machine learning capabilities for
our system.

ABOUT YOU
You are passionate about driving innovation in the field of food robotics.
Must have:
* MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, and/or equivalent
industry experience
* Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms and data
structures) and working knowledge of how to apply them to improve existing
and future code bases.
* Proficiency in  python  and/or C++
* Team player excited about working in a dynamic startup environment

Nice to have:
* ROS, Gazebo, or other robotics software experience
* Familiarity with Moveit!
* Pull-request workflow, including code review
* Familiarity with software development in Linux
* Experience programming robotics arm(s) and gripper(s). Industrial
experience of such is a plus.
* Hands-on experience with robotic platform in simulation and real hardware.

If you are interested, please send  a cover letter and your CV at:
recruiting at ypc-technologies.com