[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral Fellow Position at Northeastern University

Padir, Taskin t.padir at northeastern.edu
Mon Dec 2 10:06:34 PST 2019

We are hiring a postdoctoral researcher for our NSF-funded Future of Work at the Human Technology Frontier project. We are interested in candidates with convergent skills. We would love to hear from you, for instance, if you are a roboticist who also has a passion for arts, or a philosopher who can code, or an economist who is also a designer. More details about the project can be found here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nsf.gov_awardsearch_showAward-3FAWD-5FID-3D1928654&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=r4IePtWQs_BOJq2DAZ7OvNq900v-pAqCNZmF6Tyzi9E&s=O6gxWuz4_T9fqphcO3TJb6-XvkwbF-pLf4QIuae-5TU&e=

This Future of Work at the Human-Technology Frontier (FW-HTF) project will investigate the appropriate development and deployment of collaborative robots to transform profitability, productivity, safety, sustainability, and worker quality of life in the seafood processing industry, where harsh conditions and demanding and dangerous tasks challenge the capabilities of humans and robots alike.

Our lab has a track record of providing excellent professional development opportunities to our postdoctoral researchers. This position is funded for 4 years; however, it is anticipated that the successful candidate will be promoted to a research scientist position within 1-2 years of hiring. This position will provide excellent professional growth opportunities to our fellows within the vibrant robotics research and innovation ecosystem in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts. The successful candidates will have access to cutting edge robots and facilities. The research goals of the project will impact five interconnected and convergent areas, namely (i) collaborative robotics and shared autonomy, (ii) interaction design with data visualizations, (iii) labor economics in seafood industry, (iv) ethics of autonomy in the workplace, (v) workforce training and new skills learning.

Feel free to contact me at t.padir at northeastern.edu<mailto:t.padir at northeastern.edu> if you have any questions or would like more information.

Taskin Padir
Associate Professor of Robotics
College of Engineering | Northeastern University
360 Huntington Avenue | Boston, MA 02115
Office ISEC 527 | t.padir at northeastern.edu<mailto:t.padir at northeastern.edu>