[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 5 Tenure Track Professor Positions in Germany

Kaupp, Tobias tobias.kaupp at fhws.de
Wed Dec 4 12:14:47 PST 2019

We are looking for 5 professors to take part in our new B.Eng. course in Robotics:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.fhws.de_service_stellenausschreibungen-2Dder-2Dfhws_online-2Dstellenportal-2Dfuer-2Dprofessuren-2Dund-2Dlehrpersonal_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YFf_SftOZMMJxig_6N5BdlBgTtGiKiUhzt5hEJYeamU&s=1QitVxqO4xrXICR9M93AruEjTaDK47cP2rOI3BOZr7M&e=

As a University of Applied Sciences, we focus on the education of the next generation of roboticists and conduct applied research in close collaboration with the regional industry.

The B.Eng. course is unique in Germany and will commence in October 2020. We focus on software engineering and hands-on experiences gained through laboratory and project work.

The course is offered in both English and German. Candidates require a proficiency in German at a B2 level (upper-intermediate), demonstrated by a certificate or multiple years of professional work in Germany. As part of the application process, technical lectures must be given in German and English language.

The 5 positions have the following focus areas:
-	Industrial robotics
-	Mobile robotics
-	Service robotics
-	Machine learning
-	Machine vision

Candidates with backgrounds in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields are encouraged to apply. Applications from female candidates are particularly welcome.

Other prerequisites:
-	Research experience, usually proven by a PhD degree
-	Five years of professional experience, with 3 out of 5 years outside academia
-	Willingness to act as a guest lecturer at our partner universities abroad

Applications are open until 6 January 2020.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Prof. Dr. Tobias Kaupp
Digital Production and Robotics

�� +49 9721 940-8597
✉️ tobias.kaupp at fhws.de