[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Web Software Engineers: shape the future of personal robotics with Semio!

Ross Mead ross at semio.ai
Sun Dec 8 01:41:30 PST 2019

Web Software Engineers: shape the future of personal robotics with Semio!

Are you proficient with JavaScript, Node.js, React, and other web
technologies?

Do you want to work on bleeding-edge technologies that push the web to its
limits?

Do you want to be part of the robotics revolution?

Apply today to join us at Semio! https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__semio.ai_jobs&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=uG4f_QKYKB_4s_UCYSoSlcQT3gHUa3FJNFeWnIRJ970&s=DCIesapXIRfnhEA-uDwWM0sCskiv81KhbkbciCnVt_s&e=

THE COMPANY

Semio is a Los Angeles-based software startup defining the way in which
people will live, work, and play with robots in their everyday lives. Our
software enables robot developers to rapidly create and deploy robot apps,
and allows robot end-users to easily access and use those robot apps via
natural communication, including both speech and body language. We’ve been
developing and deploying our software for over three years, we’ve received
tons of feedback from paying customers, and we’re now onboarding our first
full-time employees to join us in our mission of enabling personal robots
in every home and workplace. Join us!

   -

   We’re building kick-ass technology — from browser-based voice and
   animation design tools to natural language processing and computer vision
   infrastructure, we are at the forefront of some of the coolest and most
   innovative tech in the world
   -

   We’re 100% software-focused — we provide the AI software mind for robot
   hardware bodies
   -

   We’re working with large, enterprise customers — our customers are the
   biggest tech leaders of today developing the personal robots of tomorrow
   -

   We’re supported by sales revenue from customers — utilizing Lean startup
   methods and a strong go-to-market strategy, we bootstrapped the company
   from the ground up and have secured additional growth funding to expand our
   team and bring you onboard

THE POSITION

We’re hiring full stack, front-end, and back-end software engineers in
full-time capacities to help expand our browser-based design tools for
writing, animating, simulating, and deploying socially interactive apps for
personal robots. Our design tools are already in the hands of satisfied
customers — with your help, we’ll make their experience even better!

   -

   You’ll be one of the first employees — help shape the culture of the
   company and the industry as a whole
   -

   You’ll work on software that already has users — your contributions will
   immediately influence the direction of robot app development with industry
   leaders
   -

   You’ll work closely with users to identify and implement new features —
   human-centered design is at our core to deliver the best user experience
   -

   You’ll boldly go where no one has gone before — the personal robotics
   industry is a new and untrod frontier, so we promote a work environment in
   which to rapidly explore brave new ideas and test experimental hypotheses
   to pave an evidence-based path to success

THE LOCATION

Semio is based in sunny Los Angeles, California, USA! We explored other
cities to find the best fit for the business, and ultimately arrived at LA
based on opportunities and costs. Do you want a Bay Area or NYC work/life
experience, but don’t want to pay their prices? Then LA is right for you!

   -

   LA is a hub of technology — as part of Silicon Beach, LA is one of the
   largest tech centers in the world, rivaling both Silicon Valley and Silicon
   Alley
   -

   LA is a hub of diversity — our community is a melting pot of people,
   culture, and ideas, and this rich immersion helps us build a more equitable
   and sustainable future for robotics and AI
   -

   LA is a hub of fun and sun — from the beautiful beaches of Venice and
   Santa Monica to the entertainment of Hollywood and Disneyland to the art,
   fashion, and nightlife of Downtown, there are plenty of ways to unwind… and
   the weather is perfect year-round!

WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?

   -

   Get in early with a company that already has amazing technology and
   market traction
   -

   Influence the culture of the company and the robotics industry as a whole
   -

   Live in a cost-effective metropolis with bleeding-edge tech, a diverse
   community, fun and sun!

INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!

Visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__semio.ai_jobs&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=uG4f_QKYKB_4s_UCYSoSlcQT3gHUa3FJNFeWnIRJ970&s=DCIesapXIRfnhEA-uDwWM0sCskiv81KhbkbciCnVt_s&e=  and join the robotics revolution!

We look forward to working with you!

— Ross & Braden, Founders