zimmerk at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Dec 9 00:14:33 PST 2019
Vision for Robotics and Autonomous Systems group (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cyber.felk.cvut.cz_vras_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mn03y34z4lIS4sjmhNG8CWqABcZLzBxJtBLgBjaYqWA&s=JCevjdcA7ATSF7-x7DoTD6gWnUqv_0RqbyF3qjk1xoQ&e= ) seeks two excellent PhD student on the following fully-funded positions:
(1) DARPA Subt PhD student/researcher: Cutting-edge research in the autonomous mapping (SLAM) for mobile robotics. We are expanding the team that just won the DARPA SubT challenge to help us win again and do excellent research on the most challenging topics in robotics!
(2) Valeo.AI-sponsored PhD student/researcher: Applied research in self-driving cars. We offer PhD position in the university environment while being partially supervised by the top-tier researcher from Valeo.AI research group. Show your research to be meaningful by running your codes on the real self-driving car to improve human safety.
We seek PhD candidates:
- who are excellent, self-motivated, and willing to push the boundaries of the state-of-the-art in robotics and AI
- have experience in computer science, python/c++ development, optimisation/machine learning
- have achieved at least one outstanding result of any form
- full funding corresponding to the gross salary of CZK 40 000 per month (it is approximately 1565 EUR per month, and it includes PhD stipend and salary from research grants),
- plus direct bonuses for scientific achievements such as accepted top-tier publications or winning in significant AI/robotic challenges.
- access to top-tier computational grid and robots
- participation in the best scientific conferences and DARPA challenge
In case of interest, please, send your application by email to the principal investigator Karel Zimmermann, zimmerk at fel.cvut.cz. The application should be a single PDF file including applicant CV and a short research statement.
doc. Ing. Karel Zimmermann, Ph.D. E-mail: zimmerk at cmp.felk.cvut.cz
Tel: 2 2435 5733 WWW: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cmp.felk.cvut.cz_-7Ezimmerk&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=mn03y34z4lIS4sjmhNG8CWqABcZLzBxJtBLgBjaYqWA&s=O1-241GBwE16wcC5ErEQJiSz7ZyE3V_nmnXPj3xDOyc&e=
Office: E226 Address: CVUT-FEL,Karlovo nam. 13, Praha
More information about the robotics-worldwide