[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] [workshop] How you can Create a Practical ROS Course for your Students
ylin at theconstructsim.com
Thu Dec 12 03:13:07 PST 2019
*HOW YOU CAN CREATE A PRACTICAL ROS COURSE FOR YOUR STUDENTS*
Let's discuss the problems and solutions when preparing a 100% hands-on ROS
course for your students!
*Date & Time:*
16 December 2019 at 6 - 8 p.m. CET
**While teaching ROS, does this happen to you?**
- Your students know nothing about the Linux terminal
- Furthermore, they have little knowledge about programming
- And on top of that, they have Windows or Mac computers, so installing
ROS on their computers is a nightmare
- And preparing teaching materials that make them really learn ROS is
**We'll discuss in this workshop how to solve these problems**
I would like to discuss:
- How to solve all these problems and learn about yours
- How to define an optimal teaching schedule and syllabus
- How to use Gazebo simulations to make students practice the important
- How to make students practice what they have learned on a full
- Expect a lot of interaction between you and me and the rest of the
**Should you attend?**
Please only attend if you are a Professor or Teaching Assistant in Robotics
and are preparing a ROS/Robotics Course for 2020. Otherwise, you will get
no benefits from attending.
- A step-by-step method to build the teaching materials
- Some examples of teaching materials that you can use, including
simulations, notebooks with documentation, and code.
- I'll provide you with a teaching guide I wrote, called HOW TO TEACH
ROS WITH NO HASSLE, for your future reference.
Dr. RICARDO TÉLLEZ
I have been teaching ROS for a few years at La Salle University of
Barcelona, for undergrads and master students of the Master on Robotics. I
have also written a few books about learning ROS (check them here
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theconstructsim.com_ros-2Din-2D5-2Ddays-2Dbook-2Dpage_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5WYNnm-WpfO9epoyy0oY5F0Qe78YzrTnmqmJBgIzX9w&s=9Z8o6IuSQtpfmKJCvAyuwFqt7afXvD4plwtERR0V06Q&e= ). Also, in case
you are interested, I deliver every Tuesday a Live Class about ROS on our
Youtube channel https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_channel_UCt6Lag-2Dvv25fTX3e11mVY1Q&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5WYNnm-WpfO9epoyy0oY5F0Qe78YzrTnmqmJBgIzX9w&s=6gPbZTHDJ0VghYQ6PrDXbWiu2nw1YoKw4AK1nJ2NLic&e= where
we learn a lot while practicing with online robot simulations.
More information about the robotics-worldwide