[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] [workshop] How you can Create a Practical ROS Course for your Students

YUHONG LIN ylin at theconstructsim.com
Thu Dec 12 03:13:07 PST 2019

ONLINE WORKSHOP
*HOW YOU CAN CREATE A PRACTICAL ROS COURSE FOR YOUR STUDENTS*
Let's discuss the problems and solutions when preparing a 100% hands-on ROS
course for your students!

*Date & Time:*
16 December 2019 at 6 - 8 p.m. CET

*Registration: *
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.theconstructsim.com_webinar-2Dhow-2Dto-2Dteach-2Dros_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5WYNnm-WpfO9epoyy0oY5F0Qe78YzrTnmqmJBgIzX9w&s=8b9z1x2ghsnb2427fAjLrUkINq0TIWwq7Hv2T28xzw4&e=

*Registration Fee*:
FREE Event

*Workshop aim:*

**While teaching ROS, does this happen to you?**

   - Your students know nothing about the Linux terminal
   - Furthermore, they have little knowledge about programming
   - And on top of that, they have Windows or Mac computers, so installing
   ROS on their computers is a nightmare
   - And preparing teaching materials that make them really learn ROS is
   hard

**We'll discuss in this workshop how to solve these problems**

I would like to discuss:

   - How to solve all these problems and learn about yours
   - How to define an optimal teaching schedule and syllabus
   - How to use Gazebo simulations to make students practice the important
   points
   - How to make students practice what they have learned on a full
   practical project
   - Expect a lot of interaction between you and me and the rest of the
   participants!

**Should you attend?**

Please only attend if you are a Professor or Teaching Assistant in Robotics
and are preparing a ROS/Robotics Course for 2020. Otherwise, you will get
no benefits from attending.

*Webinar materials:*

   - A step-by-step method to build the teaching materials
   - Some examples of teaching materials that you can use, including
   simulations, notebooks with documentation, and code.
   - I'll provide you with a teaching guide I wrote, called  HOW TO TEACH
   ROS WITH NO HASSLE, for your future reference.

*Speaker:*
Dr. RICARDO TÉLLEZ
I have been teaching ROS for a few years at La Salle University of
Barcelona, for undergrads and master students of the Master on Robotics. I
have also written a few books about learning ROS (check them here
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.theconstructsim.com_ros-2Din-2D5-2Ddays-2Dbook-2Dpage_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5WYNnm-WpfO9epoyy0oY5F0Qe78YzrTnmqmJBgIzX9w&s=9Z8o6IuSQtpfmKJCvAyuwFqt7afXvD4plwtERR0V06Q&e= ). Also, in case
you are interested, I deliver every Tuesday a Live Class about ROS on our
Youtube channel https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_channel_UCt6Lag-2Dvv25fTX3e11mVY1Q&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=5WYNnm-WpfO9epoyy0oY5F0Qe78YzrTnmqmJBgIzX9w&s=6gPbZTHDJ0VghYQ6PrDXbWiu2nw1YoKw4AK1nJ2NLic&e=  where
we learn a lot while practicing with online robot simulations.

--
*Ricardo Tellez*
The Construct

www.theconstruct.ai