[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Faculty Positions at Imperial College London (EEE)

Demiris, Yiannis y.demiris at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Dec 14 09:37:43 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

We have open tenure-track faculty positions at the intersection of Robotics and Machine Learning, at the Electrical and Electronic Engineering department of Imperial College London. The positions start at the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer level (the UK's naming convention for Assistant/Associate Professors), and are permanent.

Successful applicants will be joining the Intelligent Systems and Networks Research group — we are a friendly, interdisciplinary research group of 9 faculty and more than 70 postdoctoral and PhD researchers, doing fundamental as well as applied research on intelligent assistive robotics, computer vision, machine learning, bio-inspired computation and neural networks, audition, self organising systems and communications. We have extensive experimental facilities with multiple humanoid robots (mobile icub, mobile Baxter, ABB YuMi, among others) for mobile bimanual manipulation and assistance, Kinova and UR robot arms, motion capture and eye tracking facilities, assistive robot wheelchairs, car simulators, VR/AR facilities, and GPU server farms. Collaboration with other research groups in our department and our university, including research groups on hardware-accelerated machine learning, control, signal processing for vision and audition, as well as our healthcare research groups is also possible, and would be encouraged.

More details here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.imperial.ac.uk_jobs_description_ENG01119_lecturersenior-2Dlecturer-2Drobotics-2Dand-2Dmachine-2Dlearning&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=uVAHxteaGVQWJwmKwMtTcdWRb-yBaZWwecYAbQxxUIA&s=74hu80wO9W2Ii4N7VICG0Bllj3IXVmW4GmKFCvgnquk&e=

Deadline 27th of January 2020.

With my best wishes,
Yiannis

----
Professor Yiannis Demiris, FIET, FBCS, FRSS
Royal Academy of Engineering Chair in Emerging Technologies
Director, Personal Robotics Laboratory
Head, Intelligent Systems and Networks Group
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Rm 1014,
Imperial College London, South Kensington Campus,
Exhibition Road, London, SW7 2BT, UK
Webpage: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imperial.ac.uk_people_y.demiris&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=uVAHxteaGVQWJwmKwMtTcdWRb-yBaZWwecYAbQxxUIA&s=sQl0LCV9JpRHjVRy2WxsKS73FK2_VoG3YoH3PV8l6lw&e=
Lab: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imperial.ac.uk_PersonalRobotics&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=uVAHxteaGVQWJwmKwMtTcdWRb-yBaZWwecYAbQxxUIA&s=1qI5gKMUcBH-u6lFfzn1960aIE3sp8yK3z3rLXcStkI&e=
Twitter: @YiannisDemiris